Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Expansive...
    I do reports too but have gone paperless! http://www.gocanvas.com/mobile-forms...e-Daily-Report

Starting to feel at home...
    I post what we ate and did during the day on the bulletin board in the coat room every day AFTER lunch.

I used to pre-plan al my menus and activities but it seems that it isn't always easy to follow so strictly so I simply started going with the flow and recording the info AFTER we ate and then posted it for the parents to see at pick up. That way I am not repeating myself at each pick up and the parents can read what their kid ate and did for the day themselves.

I've never had a parent insist on knowing the menu ahead of time. It wouldn't change anything anyways, as I provide the meals and snacks and don't do substitutes so makes no difference in my opinion if the parents know before or after the meal.

Shy
    I have a 4 week rotating menu. It helps when grocery shopping and also helps keep me streamlined and organized. I give it to parents at the start of the contract. Parents appreciate it so they are not trying to feed there kids sheppards pie for supper when they had that for lunch.

Euphoric !
    I have had parents interested and so I made the effort to post on my board what we ate. Nobody even looked! Lol. So I quit.

At interviews I have a list of snacks and lunches so they can see what we eat.

Euphoric !
    Why feel being controlled by parent - it would be your menu, not theirs?

Can always do example menu of what typically would be served?

I do have menu but I don't publish. I did find sometimes, parent would use my menu to plan their meals - so if I had chicken for lunch, they make sure not to have chicken for supper. But I did also find that sometimes, if I not feel like cooking that day's menu, I felt I couldn't switch Monday's with Tuesday's meals. It useful to have one for shopping.

Euphoric !
    I've never given out a menu in advance. I change my mind too much for that to happen lol. I used to write it on dry erase board but also found that no one looked or we were outside at pick up. Now I write it on my dc fb page and find the parents actually read it. Like Suzy, some plan their supper around what we had at lunch or know to expect how hungry their child will be (if it was a lunch they like they eat less at supper at vice versa) If I haven't posted it early enough, some will ask at pick up what we've had. Some say they get ideas from it too