Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home... jammiesandtea's Avatar

Enquiry for care - asking questions that are answered in my ad/website?

Hi ladies,

I'm just curious what you all do or would do, in this situation. I received an email enquiry looking for a spot for September, with a list of 18 questions the woman would like answered in order to "learn more about my daycare and whether we are a good match". Now, the questions themselves I don't have a problem with. It's part of a parents' due diligence in their search for care for their precious little one. And the email is likely just copied and pasted as a form letter to all prospective daycares that she is contacting, which is also fine, except... half of the questions she is asking are already answered in my ad and my website.

So I'm annoyed, and want to reply back with answers to the remaining questions, while pointing out that the other half are clearly answered in my ad and website. But, obviously that will come across as slightly hostile and pissy, lol, and not necessarily be the best idea when I'm trying to fill spots.

So I'm curious: what would you all honestly do?

Euphoric !
    I would start by saying please visit my website to learn more about my daycare and give the link but then say although much of the info is on your website you are answering her questions then choose a different colour text and put your answer after each question.

Even if she has seen your website she is getting confused by it all and forgets how to get back to sites she stumbled across As you say it is a form email to all prospective caregivers but it is what they will be using to compare so if you just say see my website she is likely to not bother and just go with those that took the time to fill out the form.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I would just tell her I would be more of than happy to discuss your needs and say let's set up a time to meet. Then discussion them during your interview!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skysue For This Useful Post:

Shy
    I would let her know that I do have a website and give her the address. Tell her that most of the questions are answered on your website. I would then take the time and answer all her questions that she has asked regardless if they are in the website or not. I have been that parent that was looking for daycare for my daughter and had looked at so many and it was sometimes hard to remember which info was from which daycare sometimes.
    I wouldn't worry to much about it, and when you do reply simply do it as positive as possible. word of mouth goes a long way and you don't want to come off the wrong way to potential clients.

Also It may be a good idea to set up a meeting with her so she can get a better feel for your daycare as well as you as a person. she may just be really nervous about putting her child in daycare and needs a lot if reassurance to feel comfortable with it.
    Last edited by Valerie's Daycare; 05-24-2013 at 10:40 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valerie's Daycare For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I would direct her to your website and ask her to have a look at it and then call you so that you can discuss any questions that are not answered on your website and so that you can see if you are a potential good match before proceeding to an interview.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I agree with the others that I would ask her to look over my website because many of her questions are answered there. Then I would answer the ones that are not on the website to be professional.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home... jammiesandtea's Avatar
    Thanks ladies. I knew I would end up answering the questions and being polite, while also directing her to the website, but I was just curious how hard a line some of you seasoned providers may or may not have taken in a situation like this. Of course, we need to be polite and professional, and keep in mind the results we are looking for (to fill spots) ... but it IS annoying when a prospective client disrespects our time by asking us to fill out answers to a ton of questions that are already answered in detail on the very ad she replied to, as well as the link to the website. The wise thing to do is suck it up and answer it all politely, as you all advised... but it's still annoying. Thanks for letting me vent here, while reminding me not to vent to HER about it! lol

Yes, it's frustrating for sure. I had an inquiry through my website recently, and the woman asked several questions that are answered clearly on my site, ie hours, activities, menu etc.

Starting to feel at home... Big Hearts's Avatar
    That drives me nuts!!! I have an add up for part time spots and I keep getting emails for full time. Why don't people read the full add.

Starting to feel at home...
    I like to have the parents ask me questions in person, even if they are on my website or ad. I make an appointment with them so that they can see the childcare as well as meet me. I find this is the perfect plan for me as it enables me to show them where their child will be cared for, see my references and letters from parents, see the playground, go over the contract and policies and procedures and usually by that time they are ready to sign the contract. I also let them know that I have a few questions for them as I am interviewing them to make sure that there child is a good fit in my program. Good luck