Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Looking for partner to open new daycare in Toronto

hey,
    i am looking for someone to open with me daycare at toronto.i am frensh, so i think it will be better and more attractive to have bilinguil daycare.
    if you are interesting, just send me an email at
    fleurdemayaa@hotmail .com
    thx

Starting to feel at home...
    If you are looking to open an in-home daycare, please remember that in Ontario you can still only care for 5 children (not including your own) no matter how many adults are in the home.

Have you found a partner yet?

Quote Originally Posted by dallal View Post
    hey,
    i am looking for someone to open with me daycare at toronto.i am frensh, so i think it will be better and more attractive to have bilinguil daycare.
    if you are interesting, just send me an email at
    fleurdemayaa@hotmail .com
    thx
    Hi there, please let me know if you have found a partner and have opened up one OR still searching with plans to start a bilingual daycare. I am interested. Thank you, Hanna. Please email me directly.

Ladies - if you are in Ontario I too would strong advice doing more research about the current climate of licensed childcare in Ontario which is what you would need to be if two of you are wanting to draw an income from your business - you would need more than 5 clients which requires a license - the licensing process is arduous at best, requires seriously initial capital to meet the bi-laws, zoning and Day Nursery Act requirements specially if neither of you have your Registered Early Childhood Education title cause you would have to hire someone to help develop your program before even getting the license procedure underway.

There is a REASON why there is a shortage of childcare despite the DEMAND ... because licensed childcare is NOT PROFITABLE because if it WERE every smart business person would be jumping on the band wagon and opening up centres to meet the demand out there ... however most clients cannot afford to PAY the fees that would be required to MAKE it profitable

Here is a link to a website currently chronicling the closures of 1000's of centres across Ontario due to the implementation of Full Day Early Learning ... the Private for Profit centres were the first to start closing and now it is the non profit ones who've been around for 50 plus years facing closurer because they A) have spaces sitting open and B) there is a shortage of RECE to work in centres because they are all being recruited into the SCHOOL BOARDS where you only have to work a 6 hour day and only 10 months a year and you still get paid WAY MORE than you would in a centre working 9 hours days 50 weeks a year - how can they not make that change!

http://www.childcarenow.ca/
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

can you help me
    how can I open an in-home daycare??

can you help me
    how can I open an in-home daycare??