Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

Advice Please Ladies :)

Short version of my story. I have a dcg who will be 4 in August. I have had her since she was 2. I have a few issues that I have posted about before: coming in the same dirty clothes, no having a bath often enough, etc but now its worse. She refuses to use the potty here and its quite gross. She pees in her pull up (that I insist she wears until she will use the toilet) and my whole house smells like urine all the time. Its got to the point where other parents are noticing it at pick up and drop off if she comes near them. I have her change her pull up as often as I change the diapered kiddos but it doesn't help. She pees all day long and comes back the next day in the same skirt. Always a skirt with no shorts/undies underneath just the pull up. They leak and its all over my floors and mats a couple times a day...I'm at a loss with the potty training and now her parents say just to stop trying and let her be. She is going to school in sept!

But, the bigger issue is her lies. She lies about everything and I'm at my wits end with that. I had a little one poop in the playpen and play in it during nap, gross but happens he's only 18 months old...but...she went home and told her parents that she was in a playpen and played with her poop...seriously!!! Then my little guy needed sunscreen for school so I called hubby and asked him to bring some home with him, she went home and said I told her that her sunscreen was empty and that she needed to bring more (they had brought a bottle the day before) so yesterday she decided to rip apart my foam mats because quite frankly she was being a brat...simple as that...well I told mom about it and they replaced the mats but apparently she told them she did it because another boy pinched her. She did it while the little ones were napping and the boy she accused wasn't even here!

I'm just really sick of having to explain myself when she lies about stupid stuff! I'm pretty much ready to terminate...she is my first arrival and last pick up (11,5-12 hour days even when her parents are at home). Is it wrong to terminate because I just don't like her anymore???? They aren't huge behaviour issues by any means just frustrating and time consuming coming home each night from the gym and having to answer mom's emails about her childs lies...wwyd?

Sorry so long!

i would find a replacement then terminate.

In Ottawa a school has the right to refuse a 4 year if they are not toilet trained. Do you really want to have her for another year????

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueRose For This Useful Post:

I would also terminate. The lying and having to explain yourself..that would be the icing on the cake for me personally. The constant peeing in her pull up and the fact that her parents don't seem to be on the same page would have me writing up the termination notice ASAP.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Other Mummy For This Useful Post:

Time for the parents to take some time off work and train this child. I would terminate as this behaviour and uncleanliness is too ridiculous to continue to put up with. Time for some serious parenting.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    For the love of God terminate!!! That is beyond gross and disrespectful... not to mention a health and safety issue. The icing on the cake is the parents reaction.
    I am not sure what area you are in or what age group you have in your care but I am in East Oshawa/Courtice and I am getting calls weekly looking for care (babies) hence me having all 1 year olds in my care. You don't need that family!
    Its not worth the stress. Good luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sassygirl For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I would terminate because the lying is a liability for you. She could tell her parents that you do something horrible to her and then you will be in all kinds of trouble. Her parents are doing their due diligence by checking with you about what she is saying but you would think by now they would know how she is and not give her so much power when she tells them something.

The potty training is another story. It sounds like this child is being neglected at home and this is leading to the negative behaviour to get some kind of attention from them. This is a recipe for disaster. Although neglect cases are hard to prove, the not bathing her, having her in dirty clothes is concerning and warrants a call to CAS.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    The 12 hour days would be enough for me, without any of the other issues thrown in there! Sounds like it's a lot of stress for you and that is not good

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SongSparrow For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Thanks Ladies. I am going to terminate. Now do I give them until September or just my one month's notice?

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by michellesmunchkins View Post
    Thanks Ladies. I am going to terminate. Now do I give them until September or just my one month's notice?
    Whatever amount of notice time you have stated in your contract. Don't keep them on any longer than you have to.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JennJubie For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    No later than the end of June - do you really want that smell during the heat of the summer.

Too many issues with this child to keep them - the lying for me would the big one because it is not my job to tread on eggshells with anyone or fret that anything I do might be questioned.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post: