Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Euphoric !
    I had to terminate a family this year and the father went from devastated to furious with me in the course of 15 minutes or so but it seemed like an eternity and they didn't come back. But at least he was professional and sane! Your dcDad is being a petty, vindictive, childish brat! Rise above it sweetie and push on.

I know it's easy to say and hard to do but hold your chin up high and be proud of yourself. You are a businesswoman, it's your right to work with whomever you choose. When people are in your home or your daycare they should be respectful and mature and sensible. You deserve nothing less. Don't let the petty people pull you down to their level. The next family will renew your faith in people I hope.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PattyCake View Post
    My first and only termination went horribly....even though the parents had multiple warnings they still claimed to be blindsided by the termination notice...
    I see this time and time again. Every parent always claims to be blindsided. Good Lord. I know that most providers mention the issues plenty of times before they terminate. It doesn't make sense that a provider wouldn't tell parents about issues. Let's face it....it's easier to fix a problem and keep a kid in care than it is to just terminate on a whim and have to start all over with interviewing, transitioning, not to mention the loss in income. This is why when a parent of an older child calls me looking for care and tells me they were "blindsided" by their last provider they get a big old................. ......NEXT!

Parents aren't "blindsided", they just aren't listening or taking things seriously.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Judy Trickett For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Judy is so right. The Dad who received my termination this year used the word "blindsided". Ok, I had told him over and over and over and over about all of the issues and he hadn't heard a word I said.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.