Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hi,

I have had angry parents call on me before, and here's what happens. Early Learning (it depends what province you are in as to what they are called) comes to your door, and they say they've had a concern come in that they need to address then they come in check how many kids you have and leave...(Early learning can only check child ratio)

Now if he actually calls Child Services and alleges abuse.... Someone from Child Protective Services will go out and check if a concern is not noted they shred the document and you can go on with your day....

Hope that helps

Euphoric !
    If the parent does make a complaint to I think it is or used to be ministry of community and social services or CAS and if a complaint is made no matter how silly it seems they need to investigate. A really silly one usually results in a phone call just sort of checking on the other side of the story. Any complaint about ratios or anything in the home and they will make a visit and yes they can visit any place that children are in care including a private home daycare.

Doubtful the dad will follow through if that is the best excuse he could come up with. I mean really if he complains his child yells now but didn't before then they are likely to laugh at him and say well then it sounds like caregiver was right to let the screamer go.

Who cares if he likes you ad although I am going to assume it doesn't make any reference to why you have an opening coming up.

I think I would have said "I don't appreciate your tone with me; I find it disrespectful. You and your child are not welcome to turn effective immediately."
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Starting to feel at home... Big Hearts's Avatar
    No just that I have an opening at of June 3. I think he was more mad that I gave them notice the weekend of mothers day. He said I didn't worn them but in the daily reports I put the issues down the day it happened. So they had warring the kid wasn't fitting in so well. The mom even said she expected this.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Hearts View Post
    No just that I have an opening at of June 3. I think he was more mad that I gave them notice the weekend of mothers day. He said I didn't worn them but in the daily reports I put the issues down the day it happened. So they had warring the kid wasn't fitting in so well. The mom even said she expected this.
    How many people get a warning when they are terminated/fired. Not many that's part of life. My husband was wants laid off on Christmas Eve. It doesn't matter when it happens its still going to hurt. He is just using the Mothers Day thing to make you feel bad. He's an ass. I can't stand people like him. He is a "small" man who is using this to try and make himself fell "big". If he comes back and treats you like this again, tell him he is no longer welcome in your home and that the mom will have to do pickup/drop off until they are done.

apples and bananas
    It sounds like you did what was best for the child. He obviously wasn't doing well with you. Sometimes we aren't a great fit for some kids. It doesn't mean we're bad providers or the children are bad kids, it just isn't a good match.

As for the dad... I bet that caught you off guard. However, I would be inclined to let the mother know that dad is no longer aloud on your property. I hope this is the last day and you don't have to deal with this family.

Try to let it roll off your shoulder. He's just lashing out. You never know... he may have had a really rough day and you were the easiest one to let it all out on.

As for the complaint? Ya.. right. I wouldn't even worry about it.

And he wonders why his kid acts the way he does? Geesh, I wonder.

I have only ever had ONE termination go well in all my years. What you are hearing is pretty much the norm for parents whose child gets terminated from care. The parents don't like it. They got a big old NO from someone they thought (wrongly) was just a desperate woman who looks after kids because she doesn't have any other prospects. Who the hell do you think you were giving him a NO!?

Don't let his asshatedness make you quit. He is so not worth it. You do important work and deserve better than that.

Besides, now for your next termination you will be ready for it. After all my years it doesn't even phase me anymore. I don't lose a second of sleep over it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Judy Trickett For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    My first and only termination went horribly....even though the parents had multiple warnings they still claimed to be blindsided by the termination notice...they were given 2 weeks to correct/work on the issue before I even issued notice. They said they were anygry because they felt like they were"fired" and well YES they were...said they were going to put me out of business etc etc....I think no matter how professional and polite we are with our terminations, at the end of the day, the parents will most always be offended/disgruntled...nothin g we can do about it except let it roll off our backs..no sense loosing sleep over idol threats from parents who threaten to complain and slander.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge__driver11 View Post
    Hi,

I have had angry parents call on me before, and here's what happens. Early Learning (it depends what province you are in as to what they are called) comes to your door, and they say they've had a concern come in that they need to address then they come in check how many kids you have and leave...(Early learning can only check child ratio)

Now if he actually calls Child Services and alleges abuse.... Someone from Child Protective Services will go out and check if a concern is not noted they shred the document and you can go on with your day....
    In Manitoba if they call the Early Learning and Childcare government agency they can't come into your home unless your are licensed (like I am). If it is an issue of an unlicensed home being over their allowed number of kids they have to catch you in the act, they can't just come into your home unless you invite them since it is a private residence. If they do catch you (like by sitting outside your home and counting the number of families and kids coming into the home) then you get a fine. I don't know what they could do if they received a complaint from a parent about a situation like yours.

Involving child and family services is a whole different situation though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AmandaKDT For This Useful Post:

Yes I should have mentioned that, you can refuse them entry...but I do not as I want us all to be on the same page.(I am a private home)