Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Smart Little Gaffers!

Today is a good day.....maybe great even! There's not any one reason in particular, things are just good. I still have to fill that one spot that's been giving me trouble all freakin' year, but so what. My clients are awesome and my kids are even better! I had a brief moment that made me adore the little monkeys more than I already did. A few days ago as all the kids were in their chairs eating lunch, "Time Warp" from Rocky Horror Picture Show came on my ipod speaker system. I came out, did the little dance for them, got all the giggles and clapping and accolades I needed, then went back about my business as they ate.

Well, this morning, as I was preparing breakfast, didn't it come on again. I heard tonnes of giggling from the play area, looked in and saw......my nephew (2 yrs) and his buddy (a little 18 mo Chinese girl who's so cute it hurts) doing the Time Warp....with the hands in the air, hands on hips, pelvic thrust (with the right timing I might add), trying to sing and all! OMG! They saw me do it once!!! Smart little gaffers.....and almost too adorable to look at directly! Must get video for parents......

Good day

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Thats AWESOME! I do a little song and dance routine here too at lunch. The radio tends to play good music that time of day. My little guys love it!

Euphoric !
    Yeah, it was pretty cool. It's nice that you do a little dancing too. Kids like it when we're silly

We used to use radio all the time, but I treated myself to an Ipod dock as I like to avoid the commercials and music I don't like. And we never (NEVER) listen to children's music here. They get it at song circle and various times during the day when I burst into song. Other than that....can't stand it! After 6 mos in an infant room with no adults and Sharon, Louis and Bram playing all day, I was ready to hang myself. These kids go home singing Beatles, Coco Rosie...and Rocky Horror of course

I can just picture it! They are so smart and quick. Thanks for a Thursday smile

Outgoing
    I'm a Kindermusik educator, so we do quite a variety of music. Yesterday, we played the William Tell Overture, and didn't I have a four-year old hum the first part perfectly for me this morning! Kids are smarter than me most of the time... hard to keep up LOL

Euphoric !
    I know! These kids amaze me frequently. I took 4 of them out to lunch at a local Mexican restaurant last week. I had two 2 yr olds, an 18 mo and a 16 mo there by myself. They were incredible! Everyone who passed our table commented on how brave I was, but I really wasn't. They were soooooo well behaved, listening well and practicing their 'restaurant manners' as I call them. They ate some very different foods, didn't throw stuff around, didn't scream, cry or act up at all, then walked down the main street with me with no wandering! I was more than a little visibly proud of my flock

Wow.....another great day! I'm seeing a trend here......

Expansive...
    Sooooooo cute! Your kids sound sweet, you should do the dance with them a few more times then video tape, it would go viral on daycarebear for sure!

Euphoric !
    Very cute! I was walking through the park this morning and a lady was watching us then said to me - That is the largest group of well behaved, normal children I have ever seen in my life. I told her - Thanks, it took a lot of work to get them that way! It's great when we have all good children in the daycare with lots of fun instead of lots of stress.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

I used to take my dck's to the local tim hortons (it closed) for a bagel and chocolate milk. They were all 21/2 and under and were perfectly behaved. The staff was always happy to see us and the customers when they would first see us come would roll their eyes thinking there goes the peace but quickly saw how good they were. It was always a fun outing.