Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Severe Weather

Expansive...

Severe Weather

Where I live we have been getting pummeled with severe weather, what do you ladies do in the event of a severe storm or loss of power?

Euphoric !
    For the most part just continue on as best we can. Unless it is something specific to my home or street the children would have the same situation if they went home. If parents can they generally come and pick up but I don't require it or close. I do tend to stay upstairs instead of going to the basement so I can keep an eye on the skies and we have windows for light. I plan ahead by also packing a laundry basket of snacks, bottle of water, juice boxes, flashlights and a couple diapers for each child into the basement in case we need to make a hasty retreat.

My daycare is in my basement so we just carry on as it is the safest place to be anyway. I also have large, full-sized windows on my basement so power loss really isn't a factor either. The only thing that changes in severe weather for me is that I have my OWN kids come down to the basement too.

If there was an actual tornado coming down on us we would all go to my cold cellar, which is also off of my basement. My cold cellar has four cement block walls and a cement pad ceiling so it is the safest place in the house.