Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

What To Do With Day Care Mom!!! Early morning Vent!! Sheesh!!!

So I had a chat with mom yesterday..
    I told her that starting next week I'd like her payments weekly.
    All of my other parents do it, no problem, didn't even bat an eyelash
    When I had asked, just said" okie sounds good"

This mom looks at me and says, but we only get paid every other week, in kind of a tone like its not gonna happen..

I told her all my other parents do it, and its easier for me receipt wise and to have everyone paying on the same day..

So well see what she says.. Just want advice on what I do if age says she can't do it..

When my son was in daycare we paid weekly, and we were living paycheck to paycheck every two weeks!! And we paid our provider every Monday too!!

Sheesh what is with this mom!! Seriously!!

I feel like she thinks she's my employer or something!!

And it's starting to get to me!!

I'm just a complete pushover

But not in this, I like weekly pay and it's going to happen!!

Euphoric !
    If she is that concerned I would be worried that on the in between weeks there won't be any money for me so I would probably accept the two weeks pay at a time but make it in advance. Right now I have some that pay for two weeks but they pay for this week and next week so I cash the whole check now so on the nonpay weeks for the parents I already have my money. Only bookkeeping thing I need to do is mark paid for the following week when I enter the money.

Outgoing
    Is this covered in your contract? Mine states that payment is due every Friday by 5:00 p.m. If they don't pay weekly here they don't come. We decide when they pay, not the other way around.

In between weeks??

I already had her try not to pay for a couple days her boys weren't here, but I said that she was paying for the spot that I can't fill even if her child isn't here.. AND she already paying lower then all my other parents and she has a reduced before and after school rate( if I hada known what I was doing before all this it define you would have been higher) its hard to get to the bus everyday with four young ones.. Especially in the all the snow we had!!

I did send out a contract.. It hasn't been read or sighned yet and it went out three weeks ago!! Although in the contract it says monthly!! BUT!! Here's the thing I was going to have my patents all pay monthly ( my other 2 families didn't mind about that either) but then I realized I'd be getting cut short for the months that had a couple extra days in the summer.. And I decided not to do monthly because I knew this particular mom wouldn't like having to pay that much all at once.. If you think about weekly payments are smaller.

I don't its what I'd like and I will not be budging!! I think this mom used to have a babysitter for her kids and that's all she thinks I am!! Guess what I've been a babysitter and what I'm doing for your kids is not babysitting!! That is for sure!!!

"We'll see?" This is the main issue. You have stated a change to your payment policy and she is telling you basically it is up to her wether she complies. Take control here and insist. She will just have to make a budgeting adjustment to her finances. Does she say "we'll see" to her bank for her mortgage payment or gas bill? Stay firm. This is a tell not ask situation.

Your business, your rules. Always do what works for you and PROTECTS you. But, I have to ask....you are having her pay you in advance, right? Never work without being paid FIRST.

Euphoric !
    In between weeks? That means she is saying she is paid every two weeks from work. So when her paycheck comes in she has money to start paying her bills. I would be making sure I am right up there with the other bills and paid when the money first comes in for an amount that covers me till her next paycheck comes in. Those living paycheck to paycheck are often very poor at budgeting so at the end of the payweek any money left gets spent instead of set aside for bills that come due in the weeks they don't get a paycheck. I learned to take both weeks of payment when the money came in so parents didn't think at the end of the week they had left over money that really was to be set aside for me. Taking two weekly payments was in my best interest and looking out for myself even if weekly would have been easier budgeting - not getting paid means no money for the budget so get it while you can and as much as you can.

No I'm not being paid in advance.. I was thinking about telling parents that payments need to be made every Monday, but so far everyone's been pretty good about paying me on the Friday.

And guess who dropped her kids off 10 minutes early again this morning!!! It's been like this all week.. So technically I've worked 1 extra hour.. And she didn't bring the beach towels that I had asked her too.. We were supposed to do water stuff today and I don't have towels enough for everyone, all my other families have brought the towels and I told another dad yesterday to bring swim stuff for his kid!! And I'm pretty sure he will!!

So what do I do now, I don't want to make the boys sit out?? But should I send them home wet to get my point across!! It takes this woman forever to get shit done!!

OMG!!! So not how I wasted to star my morning!!! And it's only 7:30

I think I will be sending out a reminder letter to all the patents about stuff,

But it's mostly just for this mom... Argh!!!! Sheesh!!

Euphoric !
    If it were me I would prefer every two weeks and here are the reasons .....as someone already stated she is concerned about I between weeks therefore I would be concerned too because she is telling you if the money is there it will be spent and she doesn't have the ability to put the money aside also if you didn't take a deposit to be used for the last two weeks of care she could walk and then you have nothing.
    I keep a log of every payment ... When it was made, the amount, how it was paid (cash or EMT) , and the weeks that the payment covers and then at the end of the year I write one receipt per family.