Ok here is the scenario...
5 kids, 3 nappers, 2 non nappers.

The non nappers are a 4.5 year old and 2.5 year old. The 2.5 year old in my opinion needs to be napping, in parents opinion he doesn't go to bed well if he has had even a 15 min nap. So for months now my quiet time has been watching a movie, reading etc with these 2 while the others nap.
Now, come Sept my 4.5 year old is leaving for school.
So, I would like to see everyone nap and for once in months to actually get a break?
Problem is, this 2.5 year old has slept with mom his whole life so, he cries and whines mommy mommy mommy for a long time. Luckily my other nappers know it's nap time and tune him out and go right to sleep. Today was the first experimental day where I put him in the nap room. His mommy mommy crys were heart breaking and lasted about 35 minutes, he is now asleep.
Knowing the parents don't really want him sleeping, the heart breaking hurt this child seems to feel without sleeping with mom, do I continue this pattern daily?
It obviously worked out, I believe children need naps at 2.5 years old and the break for me would be great too!
What would you do?