Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Did that just happen?

I am still shaking after this.
    I will give some background on this family. Dcg started March 4. Mom has raved about me from the very beginning. After her interview with me said she wanted me and was choosing my daycare for her daughter. She has for the most part been very considerate of my family time until she decided to list her home and sell it without telling me. I posted on that previously. She wanted me to keep dcg when her work hours changed until 7pm 3 nights a week no offer of extra compensation. So much for being considerate of my family time. So because I refused to change my hours of business they listed their house without telling me so that they could be closer to her work. They have every right to sell their home but for someone who says she considered me a friend and always wanted to keep in touch that was pretty low. She should have told me that they were listing their house. Dcgs last day was supposed to be June 28 and I was fine with that. I already have a new family beginning July 8 to replace. However some fishy things have been happening... 2 weeks ago she wanted to pre pay me 2 weeks ahead of time which she hasn't done before. Dcd also seemed to linger on Friday at pick up almost like he wanted to say something but didn't. This morning 1 hour before dcg was due to arrive I get a text saying dcd just found out he doesn't have to work and they are keeping dcg home . I sent one back saying that I will be expecting pay for today (they pay every Friday) she said half day I said no full day as I have on call families that I could have taken on today if I knew I would not have been full. I have niot charged for sick days or vacation only because in my area most providers do not either and I have to keep up. I am NOT cool with a last minute text saying Dad "just found out" that he doesnt have to work".
    Fast forward to tonight she voicemails me saying that she didn't like what happened earlier and that it left a bad taste with her she wanted to pull out dcg for the last 3 weeks now. She came by to pick up dcgs stuff which I left at the door.
    It seems to me that she has care lined up an today was planned out already.
    Last edited by Sassygirl; 06-04-2013 at 08:23 AM. Reason: More info

Expansive...
    She sounds very self centred and you should be happy to be done with the lot. You have been extremely accommodating and they have been treating you like a drop in centre. I'm sorry you have been treated like this, it seems to be a sign of the times.

She's mad because she assumed that her pre-paying you for two weeks was her "payment" or her "free card" to get you to take her kid late. When you said NO she didn't like it because she feels you OWE her that since she is just, so, well, super awesome and everything paying you early.

In short, she thinks she deserves SPECIAL and you denied her that so she is gonna go find someone else who is willing to bend over and take it without issue.

Be glad they're gone.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Judy Trickett For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Thank you! Things have been "off" with Mom since she asked me about changing my hours to accomodate a 7pm pick up and then deciding to list their house without telling me. I found out by driving past their house and seeing the SOLD sign, we have friends who live on their street.
    I firmly believe that their ducks were in a row before yesterday. The pre paying me and a last minute text saying dcg not coming. I think they have another provider already lined up. Why else would they choose to pull her out of my care for a $17 difference? She had offered a half day to compensate and I said NO full day.