Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

What would you do?

Okay ladies here it is I have brand new daycare Mom who has been with me for 5 weeks now. These people have been a bit all over the place since day one. They have paid late every week except for one.

Last Friday her child was a no show, we waited for him for an hour before starting our day, when Mom sent an email she said they were out if town due to a family emergency and she would pay me later. I didn't receive payment until today at 1pm.

I decided to get my ad out there on the 1st page again on kijiji. After I posted it I was scrolling the ads in my area and I saw an ad she posted saying she is starting daycare?

Tomorrow is her 1st day back since the family emergency and I'm very curios as to what she is going to tell me!

What would you ladies do?

Starting to feel at home...
    I would mention the ad casualy. Just ask her when her kids last day is. Sounds like it would be good to address the issue yourself since mom isn't ever forth coming with information. Don't think I'd want to keep them if they are going to start causing you headaches.

Well, I would be advertising to replace her if you can't outright terminate her now. But, because she is now a flight risk I would not, not, NOT, allow her one single hour of paying late. I'm telling you, she will screw you in the end and leave you with her owing you money for care you already provided.

NO PAY - NO STAY!

And, YES, I would ask her straight up. I don't do beat around the bush very well.

Outgoing
    she is clearly messing you around. late payments and lying is NOT okay. if she does open her own daycare maybe she will get families that dont pay on time to see what its like.

Outgoing
    I agree. Call her on it. Then ask her point blank when her dck last day will be.

Starting to feel at home...
    Yup, tell her flat out that you saw her ad. Then tell her you need to know child's last day and that you will need payment in advance from now on since she was paying late.

Expansive...
    Skysue....you are an intelligent business woman, why would you allow them to pay late? Do not let people into your home without paying. You do not work for free , your time is very valuable and you do not chase payment. Seriously, do not open the door for them. She is obviously planning to leave you hanging so use her as your practice for enforcing your payment policy. No care without payment.

apples and bananas
    You know what they say about karma! She will get hers... especially if she's starting a daycare of her own.

Euphoric !
    How did it go Skysue? Did you talk to her. I absolutely would have to ask some questions.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Expansive...
    I did speak to her and it was a weird respose, she said the ad she posted was for her MOM. That she will be renting the house next to her and wants to take in a few kids? She assured me she will be keeping her son in my care???? I told her that regardless of her plans I would still appreciate the heads up if she is planning on leaving, period.

Her ad has since disappeared from kijiji, I will go with my gut instinct and try and fill the space as you know when you know! I do need the cash right now as one child left last month due to a move and another will be leaving end of June to go to full day kindergarden soon (the Mom is taking 90% of summer off).

I took a 2 week deposit and we will see what happens for payment this week. They pay direct deposit so I expect payment on friday morning! I have never ever had a problem with anyone paying. Except for now! I am very laid back but business is business!