Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Euphoric !
    I would make a note so everything is in writing stating that the daycare will be closed on Friday, June 7 and reopen for normal daycare hours on Monday June 10.

If you have paid vacation days in your contract then include that in your note. If not then you could also stipulate that in the note saying the fee will be deducted from payment for the following week or whatever.

My point in handing out a printed letter to each parent is there is then no way that a family could come back on you next week saying that they didn't know.

Once they have been told daycare will be closed that is all you have to do other than enjoy your time off. We are not responsible for our daycare families beyond that.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

So.. She comes today and informs me her alternate care is not available tomorrow, even the new day home she has lined up.. I'm like well we are leaving tonight and she is like did u not hear me? I have no care tomorrow and its ur responsibility to be here and I said I understand but I won't be here. So she ditched her screaming/crying kid and slammed the door... Pick up should be fun..
    ~Heather~

Euphoric !
    Guess she has to take a day off !

Quote Originally Posted by Crayola kiddies View Post
    Guess she has to take a day off !
    Exactly, but then she would have to spend time with her kids...
    ~Heather~

Euphoric !
    Not necessarily .... She could park them in front of the tv and ignore them

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Glad you get to leave tonight and won't have to face her tomorrow morning. On the other hand just in case make sure you move any flower pots etc from the porch if she shows up and gets angry.

What this parent needs to be reminded is they are not our employer. They do not set the rules we have to live under. We provide a service and have the right to withdraw that service any time we want as stated in our contract.

Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    Glad you get to leave tonight and won't have to face her tomorrow morning. On the other hand just in case make sure you move any flower pots etc from the porch if she shows up and gets angry.

What this parent needs to be reminded is they are not our employer. They do not set the rules we have to live under. We provide a service and have the right to withdraw that service any time we want as stated in our contract.

Lol I love the second part!
    ~Heather~

You have given sufficient notice of your closure. It is NOT your responsibility to be there. Furthermore, you slam my door, I will terminate. You are not respecting my property and you are behaving negatively with children present.
    My goodness, have some parents taken nasty pills lately. We need to, in a proffessional manner, stand up for our policies and personal rights as a person who will not tolerate abusive behaviour. Geez

PS, I hope you have a wonderful time with your hubby

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

So Apparently she was unable to find care for her children tomorrow and so it's my responsibility for me to take them tomorrow. I said no its not! So after they leave tonight I said see you Monday and the mom whips around and says did u forget I told u tomorrow? I said oh I must have... So two hrs later I txt her and say I think u misunderstood me and that I'm not going to be home tomorrow bc my husband leaves Sunday for work till mid July. All of a sudden my phone rings but the battery was too dead to answer... Called 10x so after I charged my phone and called. The dad answered and I asked to speak with his wife he started yelling at me asking who was going to pay for his lost wages. I explained to him I gave notice Monday, and my husband is gone till midjuly.. Oh we'll I used to work away from home for three years and u chose this lifestyle. I Elaine's my family comes first.. Well u chose to look after people's kids.... I then said in my contract in three places u need a reliable back up babysitter. He then says well in ur contract u give 2 weeks notice for. Holidays. I'm like yes for extended time off yes otherwise I try to give as much notice as possible.. Then his phone cut out and he called me back 15x! I did not answer... Now how do I go about telling them I refuse to care for their child after that convo.????
    ~Heather~

Outgoing
    Ummm... ya, good bye. Done. Their child their responsibility. And yelling. Nope, anyone yells at me, (and I don't care what the reason), they're done, terminated. Calling 10 times, and then again 15 times, that's aggressive and harassing. And commenting that you chose the lifestyle so you can't take a day off to be with your husband... seriously???? Just get rid of these people.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JennJubie For This Useful Post: