Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry Beyond Frustrated

So, my husband works 22 days away and home for six.. This time they got sent home earlier than usual and he goes back this Sunday for 24-26days. I asked my parents Monday if they could possibly find alternate care for Friday as my husband and I would like two days together with no kids (we have no kids of our won) before he leaves Sunday morning. I explained I knew it was short notice and gave the parents numbers to other day home that I know and a friend teenage daughter that is also free Friday. All my parents had no problem with it except the other mom of my problem children! I gave this family on Monday notice that I am terminating them and their last day will be June 19. ( I had requested June 14 & 17 off as that is when my husband was supposed to be home so I said I would work those now). Every time I have talked to the mom since Monday morning she says she cannot find anyone to watch them and that she is sorry..... I'm to the point where I'm just not going to answer the door... I need a break! I haven't had a break since Christmas! Also her child was running while I was crouched over and rammed her knee into my spine and so it's all bruised and hurts sooo bad.. I just done! Lol... No idea what to do in this situation as my husband has planned a mini getaway for us...
    ~Heather~

Outgoing
    Tell her that you are sorry, but you will be away. End of story. Ultimately, they are her children and she is responsible. No way would I miss a getaway with hubby!!!!

Outgoing
    If you're closed, you're closed. Next time you talk just let her know again that you're closed because you're going our of town or whatever. I'm not sure why she thinks she gets to dictate your hours because its inconvenient for her.

Another client I might be willing to do more, but like you said, it's your problem family and they're done soon anyway.

Outgoing
    Also, be prepared that she might be angry and pull her children. Since she was going to leave June 19th anyway, I wouldn't worry about it.

I have already told her my husband has booked us in so we won't be home and she is insisting and oh I'm sorry.. So if she tells me she has no child care can I just lock my doors lol.. Like if she is strapped take a day home from ur work then!
    ~Heather~

Outgoing
    Am i right in that she is insisting that she is bringing the children to you anyway? Its her problem not yours. If you have told her your closed she must respect that and make alternate arrangements regardless of whether or not her end date is so close. Dont allow her to pressure you. You spend alot of time apart from your hubby which also means you do this job alone and take care of your home alone as well. You deserve this time alone with him. I agree, she may out of anger pull the kids early but if you have a deposit then you dont really lose anything.

Thanks.. Ya tonight if she insists again she has no one I'm just telling her u can bring them but no one will be here!! None of my other moms ever have a problem with me taking time off
    ~Heather~

I know you have prolly done this already, but I just state my holiday time and that is it, I don't even give parents "an out" it clearly states in my contract that they need to find care...I have even refused to let parents in cause they "forgot" I was gone......

Ya and my contract clearly states have a back up sitter!
    ~Heather~

Outgoing
    I wouldn't worry about it. She's done soon anyway. Who cares if she gets angry and pulls out early?? You need time to feel like a human being, do you think she would think twice about calling her child in sick if she wanted to do something??

I know what it's like to not see much of your husband, if I was presented with the opportunity to get away with him for a few days I would run for it! I would tell the parents I was closed. Period. If anyone came back at me with a sob story, I would simply tell them "I will NOT be here to answer my door".