Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bubbles

Euphoric !

Bubbles

How do you all do bubbles at your place? I find the kids just spill it all (have the sword like ones and regular ones) and they get dumped in 2 secs. Have bought one of the no spill bubble holders but they seem to struggle with this. Only thing that has worked so far is my blowing them but they all want to do it themselves.

Euphoric !
    I do the bubbles and the kids chase them. I get the ones that look like swords/light sabers - got mine at Walmart for a couple dollars each. It has a nice long wand in the handle that you can just wave and it makes bubbles so no need to blow. Just fill the swords back up to be ready for the next day.

When letting the kids blow bubbles I fill a cup and hold it myself. They each have their wand, they come dip it in my cup and then blow.

Euphoric !
    I do as Playfelt does and make the bubbles for the children to chase. When they are 3 and older I let them hold the bubbles and learn to blow them because they are usually old enough not to spill them all the time. I mean bubbles don't cost that much, but when you take out 5 little bottles and they are all dumped you are watching your pennies wash away. Last summer I bought a hand held battery powered bubble maker with a button to push that makes tons of bubbles and the children LOVE it!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Starting to feel at home...
    For the little ones learning not to dump it I give them the really small party favour size containers. I think they were from the dollerstore. I make my own bubble solution and keep it a drink refill dispenser from Walmart.

Like this:
    http://pinterest.com/pin/16747829834518522/

Outgoing
    For the little ones (and occasionally the big ones ), I'll hold the bottle for them and they can go wave them around and come back when they stop. It works better with the sword bottles than the thick bottles. They also tend to wave them around like crazy and it sometimes takes them a few extra seconds for them to realize they are out.

Euphoric !
    I have a bubble machine ...$15 at Walmart .... Fill up the reservoir and turn it on and viola zillions of bubbles the kids love chasing. I use a skipping rope to make a circle around the machine (or half circle depending where I set it up) as barrier that the kids are not allowed to cross to keep them away from the machine and so everybody gets to pop sone bubbles