Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expansive...

Propsed changes to private home daycare ratios

I'm sure you are all as concerned as I am. I feel threatened actually. Trying to start a bit of an uprising in Toronto but I want to know who else is taking steps to change the outcome of this 'modification' and what you are doing.

I haven't been on here in a while so sorry if this is a duplicate post.

Anyone in Toronto want to meet up and help with the plans? I want to bombard the government with letter of protest but I need many more contacts to make this a significant enough statement.

I'm thinking of scheduling a meeting with my MPP to discuss the matter.

I'm scared guys. I've worked to damn hard to be as successful as I am and if these changes go through . . . well . . . that's the end of this career

Outgoing
    I am really hoping that the wheels of bureaucracy will move at the usual snail's pace, and that a new government will put this on the back burner before it affects us. I still think the government will need to be very careful about implementing plans that will reduce the availability of daycare for families, or that will drive the price up so it becomes unaffordable. I think once parents realize that their fees will go up by 25% if we have to move from a maximum of 5 children to a maximum of 4 children, they will protest! I'll be sure to tell my parents that if this goes through, they'll be paying 25% more.

Euphoric !
    Not all parents want the government telling them what care their child needs either. Many chose a private caregiver just so they had the flexibility to work out the terms with the caregiver when it came to hours, meals to be served, etc. An agency has rules parents must obey too and they must give up control over the care their child will receive. Many parents should be scared and angry too but I doubt they even know the changes are coming.

Euphoric !
    Cadillac...I am soooo with you! I have been trying to get everyone I know to write letters as well. Check out the thread Littlefeet linked you to and also PM me and I will send you the info CCPRN gave us about what to include in our letters and who to address them to. Note that I am using this info as a guideline, but not following it exactly as I have my own thoughts as well!

Expansive...
    I have the info from the CCPRN. I just wanted to know what everyone was doing. who is writing letters? who is waiting it out and seeing if they forget?

I wanted to know if anyone in Toronto wanted to get together and try to work together to get community involvement

Expansive...
    I agree with everything everyone is saying. I'm trying to put together a letter for my parents that will scared them into action without sounding crazy and desperate LOL

Euphoric !
    For those in Toronto and I'm sure a few others would make the trip down if the meeting could be set up such as some representation from our association to meet with someone from the ministry to discuss what exactly is up for discussion and what imput they would like from us. Right now it is us trying to get them to realize who we are but doing something in person might be a good way to go.

Euphoric !
    I don't think ignoring it and hoping it goes away is the best way to go because the agencies are doing the opposite. They are lobbying for the right to make us all sign on with them so we need to make sure our side of the story is heard and taken into account as well as the ramifications of these proposed changes. I think a meeting is a great idea...if I lived closer to Toronto I would attend!

Expansive...
    Ok

I've never ever been involved with this political stuff before. I don't even know where to start. Do people just want to meet up and share ideas for a GTA game plan or should I be trying to get someone from the ministry of child and youth services to meet with us?

Who here is interested?

Expansive...
    Even if it takes years for these changes to take place . . . I still plan to be daycare owner. . . . I'd like to help rally us all together to make this happen now.