Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    They were what I thought to be a stable & kind family which is why I was a bit too giving with charges...etc....I wanted to forma good long term relationship with them. After this I feel like it is just one more thing they want to take advantage of.....

I even declined care for temporary potential clients during the summer holidays because I was holding their spot as per my agreement to them.....had i known they were on a waiting list for this other place I would never have committed that space to them.

So dcdad hand you his daughter and then berates you in front of her and leaves? This would definitely be their last day. They would leave with termination papers in hand and a promise that if they malign your personal and proffessional reputation in public - verbal and in print - then I will sue them for slander. Since they have done this about face regarding their hostility to you and threats I would also tell them they must leave your property immediately or the police will be called and then they can explain why you terminated to the police.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    They would not be stepping foot back in my house. Honestly, and I would hate with every ounce of my being doing this, but I would just refund them the money, hand them an immediate termination notice as a result of "behaving confrontational and intimidating in front of the children", and send them on their way forever.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lou For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I would also make sure my husband or another male witness was there. Bullies like this aren't worth the aggravation.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lou For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    what I find the most disturbing ...shocking actually is that the dad berates/harasses/threatens/bullies you and then leaves his child in your care ..... does anybody else see anything wrong with this????????

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

I guess the question right now is: If I terminate care today do I refund for the remaining time or do they forfeit fees because of violent behaviour? (I have rude and verbally abusive behaviour from parents to anyone on my property in front of children an act of violent behaviour) at this point I just want it over with with the most amount of professionalism as possible.....

Euphoric !
    Well for sure the parents have made you sick so just send them on their way tonight saying you are closed to their child due to the headache they caused and need a paid sick day tomorrow. Ok so maybe not the right way to word it.

Given what is happening it makes me think they never intended to stay for the summer anyways. Closed due to illness can mean different things to different people - mental anguish is a good enough reason to call in sick. With everything going on in your life right now I would probably release them as of today, call in sick for tomorrow due to their treatment and the headache it is causing. Tomorrow will be one of your paid sick days but should still count to be paid from their end of term deposit. I would probably refund the two days for next week they are asking for but the bonus to you is that you are getting paid for not providing care tomorrow.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

No refunds. Their misbehaviour has caused their termination. All fees are forfeited due to abusive/threatening behavior. Termination due to safety reasons.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    In an ideal world I would say no fees to be returned but since they have threatened in some very nasty ways you have to question whether you think they would follow through with it. Sometimes biting the bullet and giving in to save our reputation is the right thing to do. By terminating today but still returning some money you get the best of everything - no more dealing with the family, reputation intact and a quieter tomorrow. That doesn't mean you have to return to them everything they are asking for - just have a rational reason for the amount you choose to return.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I tend to agree with Playfelt. Terminate immediately and refund the money. That way you don't have to deal with them anymore in any way. For me it wouldn't be worth the battle for the amount they owe. I have terminated immediately before and I returned deposits...just wanted it done and over with. For me it was easier and just not worth the potential stress.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post: