Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

So Frustrating RE: Filling spots

Oh man! Looking for a 3/4 yr old is harder than looking for a toddler! I am looking for a full time 3/4 yr old because i am losing my only full timer to a maternity leave at the end of this month. I met a fantastic mom with a 4.5 yr old and 11 month old and i had to turn them away because i couldn't accept the baby because i am at my limit for toddlers. Oh man, i wish i could have taken them on.

I have been lucky in getting some replies to my ads but unfortunately it's all for toddlers, which i can't take

Euphoric !
    Why can't you take any more toddlers? Are you with an agency? All I have are toddlers and I love it! Yes, finding older kids is very tough. Often they're coming from other care which sends up a great big red flag for me.

Euphoric !
    Are you planning to keep the child on for school as in if they are already 3 turning 4 or 4 they will be in school potentially full days come Sept. If you have the spaces in terms of openings in the daycare just not sure on the ages you might want to consider it for the summer realizing the baby will be older and the oldest will be gone all day to school.

Euphoric !
    I was thinking exactly as Cfred asked, why don't you want babies? I really like to take on babies so I know I don't have to fill the space again for 3 years or more, I hate turnover!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Shy
    why can you not accept a toddler? Having a 4 year old means you would loose them in September anyway for school? I love having toddlers!

Outgoing
    I much prefer one and two year olds to preschoolers! My group is all between the ages of 1 and 2 except for the one going off to school in the fall, and I like it that way. They are all growing up with my rules, and they are much easier than the one who came to me at 3!

Starting to feel at home... zoomama's Avatar
    i love the one and two year olds, too. they are definitely more physical work, but that's easy compared with behavioral issues. unfortunately, i keep losing my 2 year olds to mat leaves. my turnover has been nuts and a lot of these moms are wanting to keep their kids at home once they have two, or hire someone to come in to their home as it's cheaper and easier not to have to get two kids out of the house in the morning.
    “Children are not a zoo of entertainingly exotic creatures, but an array of mirrors in which the human predicament leaps out at us. ”
    ― John Updike

Shy
    Perhaps LilyWildcat has the same kind of license as me, for example I can have 8 children, 3 of those 8 can be under 3 years old with one of those 3 under 1 year old. It's a licensing regulation to not have all the children under 3 years old, unless you're an infant and toddler centre

I also completely understand! I'm looking for 3 and 4 year olds too!! It's SO hard!!

A child coming from another daycare could also be coming because there was a problem with the other daycare, or because the other daycare is closing. Best to find out facts before assuming the family and child are trouble just because they've been in daycare before