Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Survey for daycare parents/providers.

I was given this link for a survey

take a minute fill it out

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mamaof4 For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home... jammiesandtea's Avatar
    I went to the page, and the organization who is conducting this survey seems to me to be on the opposite end of the spectrum as private home daycare providers, in terms of their mission, which is to advocate for universal, non-profit, regulated daycare. I am copying their "About Us" below.

"About Us:

The Ontario Coalition for Better Child Care (OCBCC), founded in 1981, advocates for universally accessible, high quality, not-for-profit, regulated child care in the province of Ontario.

We are a non-partisan public awareness and advocacy group with broad membership including the education, labour, student and women's and francophone communities."

I haven't read further into the site yet (and I will), but I just felt the need to point out that this group says their goal is universal non-profit daycare, which would obviously put all of US out of business.

Euphoric !
    Thanks mamaof4, I definitely want to read this website word for word before I complete the survey but all the information we can get right now is great so that we can keep up with any changes that are coming our way.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Expansive...
    I don't know--- I think that there is room for everyone. depending on what a family needs and wants. Some families are better suited for center care some are better in a home situation.

Starting to feel at home... jammiesandtea's Avatar
    I agree mamaof4, I think some families are better suited to center care and some to a home daycare, but the issue I have with this organization is that they explicitly state that their mandate is to advocate for regulated, universal, non-profit daycare... and if you read further into their website postings, they are against unlicensed or for-profit home daycares altogether. They want ALL daycare to be provided in a "child care setting" (not a home), and be licensed, and unequivocally non-profit.

Sorry but I for one will not be completing their survey and adding any "numbers" to their cause.