Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

35 weeks pregnant

Hi ladies!

I'm looking for some advice as I'm 35 weeks along in my pregnancy and am struggling emotionally and physically. I close at the end of June as I had my first 10 days early and decided to use that as a guide line for this baby as well. Did any of you struggle with PPD after baby while running your day home? Or colic baby? During my first I had PPD and she was colic. I am re opening 4 weeks from the birth date of baby #2. I guess I'm nervous about juggling it all once I reopen and am trying to cope with the late pregnancy symptoms while smiling and acting enthusiastic from 7am-6 pm 5 days a week.

Euphoric !
    I think at this point your parents will probably cut you a lot of slack in terms of what activities you do and how frazzled you seem at the end of the day.

You might want to look at some options such as hiring a neighbour teen to help out. It is amazing the little things they can do like get you things or put stuff away or entertain the kids or be the one sitting by the sandbox making sure the toddler doesn't eat the sand while you relax in a chair and feed the baby. Since it is the summer and kids are out of school it should be easy to find someone interested in a bit of extra money and since they are never left alone with the daycare kids age wouldn't be a factor and younger say 12-14 year olds that are not old enough for conventional jobs should come cheaper - and don't forget you can claim the cost as a deduction once your daycare is open again.

You might find having the girl around that actually talks and takes some of the pressure off of you helps a lot in terms of how you feel. You may also find that being so busy with two kids of your own plus the daycare helps to take your mind off things and you feel better about everything. But at the same time you now know the symptoms and can seek medical care sooner before things get out of control and that will help too.

All the best as the final weeks pass and you meet your new baby.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Does hubby have the option of taking mat leave for a few months? That would also be helpful as he could sit outside with the kids or clean up lunch or even spend sone time with the newborn while you change and put them down for nap. You could nap at the same time while he keeps an ear out. Play felts suggestion of hiring a teen is a great idea. Good luck with the last few weeks and congrats on your new little one.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I was just taking care of a baby on a temporary basis for a family whose caregiver gave birth early. The caregiver has an assistant so she only took 2 weeks of maternity leave and she's back to work. I can't imagine! I think Crayola's suggestion is a good one if your spouse can take some mat leave from work to help that would be fantastic.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post: