Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Starting a private Before and After School Care....

Hi,
    I'm new to this site and to the whole daycare business...
    I'm thinking about starting a private Before and After School care for K to Grade 6 and I have a few questions:

How do I go about insurance/ liablility? Any tips?
    Are there any restrictions as to how many kids I can take on?
    What are the going rates for B/A care for school kids and kindergarten kids?
    What is the going rate for PD days and vacation days?
    Would I charge an additional fee for field trips?

Thanks!!

hello and welcome to the group.

A lot of the answers depend on what province you are in and what area you are in.

In Ontario you can have 5 daycare kids plus your own kids.

for insurance call your insurance company. Make sure that they will cover 5 daycare kids plus your own (if you have any). Some companies will not do this. You might have to look around.

B/A care is between $10 and $25 depending on your area. If you go on the main page of this site, enter your postal code you will find other providers in your area and can see what they are charging.

For full days (see what other provider charge in your area)

I have two payment options:
    Option 1

September to the end of June Care Only
    $100/week/child ($20/day) for 1 to 4 hours of care per day + full day P.D. days, Monday to Friday, Sept. to June
    Payment is $200 every two weeks.

If the school is closed due to a strike there is a $15/day fee while your child is in care. If your child is not in care then the normal fee applies. This strike fee is to be paid in cash on each Monday for the week. If the strike ends before the week is done, I will reimburse you the difference at the end of the week. This fee does not apply to one day walkouts up to two 1 day walkouts per year.

A 2-week non-refundable deposit of $200 is required. The deposit is required immediately once the agreement is signed by all parties (parents and caregiver) and will be applied to the child's last 2 weeks of care ALREADY COMMENCED

If you need care over the summer as well, my summer rate is $175/week/child.

Option 2

September to the end of June Care Only
    $15/School day + $35/full day of Care (P.A. Days, Snow Days, Strike Days, etc.)
    Payment is due every two weeks
    All P.A. Days are to be paid the pay period before the P.A. Day. The $35 payment is still due if your child is not in care on a P.A. Day.
    All other full day fees (Snow Days, Strike Days) the difference ($20) is to be paid in cash at arrival or Electric Money Transfer by 7 am that day.
    If your child is not in care during a Snow Day, Strike day etc. Only the $15 payment is required.

A 2-week non-refundable deposit of $200 is required. The deposit is required immediately once the agreement is signed by all parties (parents and caregiver) and will be applied to the child's last 2 weeks of care ALREADY COMMENCED

If you need care over the summer as well, my summer rate is $175/week/child.

I hope this helps.