One of the children I was referring to above also had a rice allergy among a few other things. Nuts wasn't a problem for at all. I found the rice actually harder to deal with than the milk because rice is used in so many goods to smooth out the texture. She is gone now and it took me 6 months before I remembered I could make rice krispie treats again. You just get into a grove of doing things a certain way. The other thing that was great about the daycare mom was that she was very understanding knowing the worst that was going to happen if I "goofed" was that the child would feel yucky and usually had a diaper blowout as her reaction which was sort of better for me than the throwing up as it was mostly contained. I liked providing the food because then I knew there were no issues as anything on the table was ok for her to eat too. I did have to be the one to provide things like cupcakes for birthdays and things so I could use a recipe with no milk - although I usually opted for big cookies glazed with icing sugar and water mixed and with sprinkles instead which is much more toddler friendly. An allergy doesn't have to mean missing out it just means finding a different way to enjoy.