Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Potty Regression :(Frustrated

So, I have no idea what to do anymore about this one boy. Just turned 3 last week. He started to come to me last November and was potty trained. He would ave the odd accident if u weren't on him to go pee or take him every so often. Never had an accident at nap time. So he was not here for 2weeks as his grandparents came to visit him. So Monday first day back he full out wet him self 4x despite me taking him to the toilet twice an hr to get back on routine and asking him. Tuesday he wet himself 3x and once at nap time. Wed he was not here as his mom stayed home sick (6months prego). Today so far he has wet himself 3x and seems so unplaced by it. I have been taking him and when I ask him he says no I don't have to go. Also whenever he says he peed its just an accident, just an accident bc his parents do not discipline him or say anything to him when he. Has an accident. Maybe I'm anal but I cannot stand this much longer! The mothers usual excuse is he must be stressed here.. How when we have no new kids.. Nothing going on... Ahhhhhhhhh...
    ~Heather~

Should also mention if he goes in time out lately he will wet himself almost like to get back at u..
    ~Heather~

Euphoric !
    Pullups and loss of big boy privileges/toys till he grows up. When he is ready to act like a big boy he gets privileges back.

Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    Pullups and loss of big boy privileges/toys till he grows up. When he is ready to act like a big boy he gets privileges back.
    That's what I would do to.

Haven't tried the pull up thing but have taken everything away from him that he loves to play with.
    ~Heather~

Outgoing
    yup, definitely pull-ups. that many accidents, imo, is not sanitary all over your house and shows he isn't even trying to get to the bathroom. i'd be telling parents pull-ups until he starts acting like big boy again.

Euphoric !
    Wearing a pullup takes the power struggle out of it - if he wets he feels uncomfortable not you. He loves seeing your reaction to his wetting - he is thriving on the attention even if it is negative as in being put in time out. It means he got your undivided attention away from all the other kids. Making him wear a pullup calls his bluff and puts the ball back in his court as well as the parents who have to supply them or lose daycare immediately. At 2 it is an accident at 3 it is lazy. He knows when he is doing it and even if he made a trail on the way to the potty that would be an accident as in not going in time. Simply sitting and doing it is lazy and stubborn and needs to be dealt with accordingly.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I wouldn't allow him back into daycare without pull-ups/diapers (same thing in my opinion). Not a chance would I be cleaning that up 3+ times a day. I have one here who will be 4 in Aug and still must wear pull ups because she will just smirk at me and pee right in front of me! It is certainly NOT an accident at that age, and in my opinion should be disciplined!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to michellesmunchkins For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by michellesmunchkins View Post
    I wouldn't allow him back into daycare without pull-ups/diapers (same thing in my opinion). Not a chance would I be cleaning that up 3+ times a day. I have one here who will be 4 in Aug and still must wear pull ups because she will just smirk at me and pee right in front of me! It is certainly NOT an accident at that age, and in my opinion should be disciplined!
    And at that age I would disclipine him !!!!