Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Mom that really pushes her drop off time boundaries. Argh!!!!!!!!!!

So it is currently 7:22am. Agreed upon drop off is 8:00am. I am downstairs getting ready. My kids are sleeping in a bit today. I am loving this extra time to myself. Dcm just starting knocking on my door. I don't want to answer because she will come in, smile as her kids act crazy, yell and wake my kids up, throw her keys down the stairs and dump things out of her pockets. Btw, this behavior ONLY happens when she shows up early and NEVER when dad drops off. So I have texted her saying I am NOT ready at all and am sorry but I currently indisposed and am completely unable to come to the door. She texts back, 'Well, are you in the bathroom?! The kids can come in and wait while you get ready if you're just doing your hair or something!' I am in fact standing in my bathroom texting you while I finish makeup etc, but I am livid right now! Sorry for the vent. I have been through this many times with her, even saying that if my outside light is off, I am not open. She still tries this crap. I love the kids(outside of their acting up when mom drops off early) and they always pay in time, but seriously?! *sigh*

Outgoing
    Don't open your door today until 8:00. When she arrives ask her if she needs to make her drop off time earlier? If not continue not answering the door until your given time. I can't STAND that! Pushy pushy people!

Starting to feel at home...
    Unexpected early drop-off = unscheduled overtime at a rate of $1 per minute just like late pick ups. Repeat offenders find themselves seeking alternate care. All overtime must be agreed upon in advance.

Attach a fee & consequences to it and her poor communication/ behaviour will stop.

Good luck.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Discoveries For This Useful Post:

Asking you to justify your statement that you were not prepared to open the door by asking if you were in the bathroom is completely rude and none of her business. Clearly she thinks her schedule is more important than yours and your opening time does not apply to her. This woman requires a firm statement to when you are open and to prepare her children for drop off before she enters your daycare so that she can leave immediately to prevent the noisey disbehaviours she doesn't control in her kids. Wow the bathroom question saw me seeing red.

That question saw me seeing red as well!! I would not bother to answer her texts or answer the door until 8:00am!

Starting to feel at home... zoomama's Avatar
    Wow! My blood boils for you on this one! Absolutely 100% unacceptable behavior...and from a supposed "grown-up"!!!
    I get annoyed with even 2 minutes early!!! Sounds picky but my morning is precious and I am upfront with parents that time is one of those things I am a stickler about!
    I hope you didn't give in and let them in the door one minute before 8!!!
    “Children are not a zoo of entertainingly exotic creatures, but an array of mirrors in which the human predicament leaps out at us. ”
    ― John Updike

apples and bananas
    Sounds like it's time for a "warning" letter.

Euphoric !
    Since she has arrived early before and you have let her in, she thinks this is normal and okay. Adults are just like children...you teach them how to treat you. You are allowing her to push you around and then you are feeling frustrated and angry. You need to tell her clearly that from now on you will not be answering the dooor before 8:00am on the dot as that is your opening time. Do not answer the door...do not answer her texts or phone calls...nothing before 8:00. She will get it pretty quickly.

Outgoing
    The nerve of some parents. Should have told her that you and hubby were ummmmm "busy" LOL. stick to your rules and dont open the door and dont respond to text messages before opening time.

Expansive...
    You definitely need to have a chat with her. Remind her that the agreed upon drop off time is 8am so you will not be ready until then. Nip this in the bud!!!! Good luck!!!