Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Muscle knots

Expansive...

Muscle knots

I must have been carrying my son incorrectly- because today, I have a huge knot in my back, it hurts like all get out!

do you have any recommendations for dealing with them?

Euphoric !
    Try a heating pad...it can help relax the muscles. Then some gentle stretching. Good luck! Back pain is the worst

Euphoric !
    Since it is often from overusing the area it sometimes helps to make sure that the stretching you do has you moving the opposite way so if you were carrying him on one hip bending slightly then try more bending the other way. And for sure the heat to loosen the area before stretching.

Euphoric !
    You might want to add cold applications to the roster. Heat feels awesome, but can increase inflammation if directly on the problem spot. My chiropractor told me to alternate hot and cold. Hot feels good, but cold helps reduce the swelling. And get yourself a prescription for groovy muscle relaxants for bed time!

Starting to feel at home... zoomama's Avatar
    This isn't a "small" fix, but I found my back takes such a beating in this job and bought an inversion table. It helps a lot and is far less expensive than a massage or a visit to the chiropractor. Although I do SO love a good massage!!

I hope your back improves over the weekend!
    “Children are not a zoo of entertainingly exotic creatures, but an array of mirrors in which the human predicament leaps out at us. ”
    ― John Updike

Starting to feel at home...
    I am right there with you mamaof4...I have had muscle knots in my shoulders/neck for the last two days Robaxacet Platinum is my friend today! Hope you feel better soon