Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Dreary day -whats everyone up to?

It is raining, totally overcast and a generally miserable day here. What's everyone up to?

My guys are dressing up in sunglasses and sunhats and have a blanket laid out with a picnic set up :-) Also, my younger guys are playing with peek a blocks and books.

Finishing up our father's day craft shortly and then before you know it, it will be lunch time.

I just finished night school so I am amidst that "coming down" period which for me has resulted in a mini "CRASH" or burn out. So, I'm running on fumes right now I am so drained. I definitly won't be doing night school again, i'll just wait till I finish daycare before I finish the rest.

Lot's of free play which my kiddies do really well at.I can't wait till September when I will no longer be working Fridays. Ahhhh, 4 day work week

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I have all toddlers here so I am thinking that its a nap as long as you want kinda day LOL... Also I plan on bringing out the toys I save for rainy days...the tent, ball pit, tunnel, foam blocks. These guys are still too little for arts and crafts. We are working on the "not in your mouth" routine but with 12-14 month olds its taking a LONG time!

apples and bananas
    a 4 day work week sounds wonderful! I'm jealous.

I have the tent out and the kids are doing lots of imaginative play today. There may be a small amount of tv while I prep for lunch. It so much harder to settle them down when they aren't able to run around outside.

I'm hoping the rain lets up this afternoon and they can splash in the puddles.

Starting to feel at home... zoomama's Avatar
    It's been a dreary week so we're doing a dr. suess themed pj day. We're spending the day reading suess, watching horton hears a who, and baking suess cookies (recipe on pinterest). Maybe i'll print out suess coloring pages. I have all little ones today. Hopefully being in pj's will make kids want looooong naps!
    “Children are not a zoo of entertainingly exotic creatures, but an array of mirrors in which the human predicament leaps out at us. ”
    ― John Updike

Outgoing
    I do 4 days/week. You'll be amazed at the difference!

We had a thunderstorm/tornado watch yesterday so we made rainy day pictures (fingerprint blue on blue paper + stapled on cupcake liner umbrellas) and Father's Day cards in the basement. All the kids managed to nap as well so that took some time as well!