Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

My least favourite day.....

Historically, Tuesday has always been my least favourite day of the week. It's a totally lacklustre day offering nothing noteworthy....and oh so far from Friday

This morning though was a little different. I had a new family start last week, for 2 days/wk to start, moving to full time in Aug when I have space. They were a great interview, easy to get to sign and generally just lovely people. Their little guy, despite parental concern of a rough transition, has done remarkably well and bonded with me within an hour.

For Father's Day, I bought some $10 flip flops for each of the dads and had the kids put their foot prints in fabric paint on the inside. Then I wrote Dad xoxo on the left and the child's name with a heart in fabric paint on the right. Our Mother's Day gift was a t-shirt from Micheal's with fabric paint hand prints, the child's name and "Mother's Day 2013" on the front. They only started last week, so I did a shirt for mom that had hand prints and "_____'s First Daycare, June 2013".

Didn't she show up this morning with a card touting my awesomeness and their great luck at finding me. AND a gift card to Winners!

Whaaaatttt??????

My clients are so great....all of them.....and now the new one joins the roster. It's so wonderful to be appreciated for your efforts on a regular basis. This Tuesday just got a whole lot brighter and is a shining example of why I love my job so much.

So happy for you. A little appreciation goes along way with us doesn't it Your gift ideas were awesome and it sounds like your dcparents are too.

apples and bananas
    I LOVE that father's day gift idea. What a great idea! I hope I can remember it a year from now.

I took a family over night the other day. (something I do on the odd occasion for the right family) and I charge an arm and a leg for it so it's worth it.

The showed up the next morning, 2 hours early, cash payment AND a bottle of wine. What thoughtful people.

It's so nice when you're appreciated. When you find those clients you hold onto them tight!

Euphoric !
    Kudos to you for your great work and I'm happy you received appreciation. I've never received big gifts like that but I'm thrilled when one of my clients tells me at the door or by email how much they appreciate me. That means the world to me. A gift card certainly would be nice though!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Euphoric !
    It really is great. I have to say, I really like all my clients and they're so appreciative. When I had all the flip flops on the patio table in the back yard to dry in the sun, one of the other moms got a little teary. She said they were adorable, what a wonderful idea, you're so good and thank you. I hear that kind of thing frequently from this group. The gift card was lovely, but the sentiment was the most appreciated.

Sounds like I'm not the only one with some great clients these days! Excellent