So my new dcg is 3 and was off sick with an ear infection last week. She was dropped off today and I was told is better and on antibiotics. Dcg cried once mom dropped her off and said she wanted to lay down. I thought it might just be a transition issue as she started 2 weeks a go but was off last week and had a harder time each day she was here and realized it was for the long haul.

I put a cot for her in a secluded area so she could cry/lay down but she kept insisting on having her cot in the middle of the room (I obviously didn't let her) and gave her minimal attention while she laid and cried. She started telling me she wanted to go for a nap and also became hysterical when it was time to go outside so I decided to have her picked up. Mom came right away but in the hour it took her to get to me the girl had settled into the program. She took her home anyways. I chatted with the mom and she got it and understood that it was unclear if this is a transition issue or illness and if she hadn't been off ill I could have left her to mope longer to see if she would come around. I also stressed if she holds the program back then she can't be here. How do you all deal with issues like this?

It was hard to gauge her to be honest as a lot of what she does gets her a lot of attention at home I gather so she came around without an audience.