Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Calgary Stampede

Just wanted to send a shout out to all providers in Calgary. Was thinking about you today as we watched the Calgary Stampede Parade.

This is an annual thing in my daycare. We watch the parade and have wieners and beans and biscuits for lunch. With an older group we would be doing cowboys and rodeos and horses as a theme for next week but for my group we sort of just did a one day fun day kind of theme today. We had fun waving back to all of the people on horseback that were waving at us - yes they thought it was for them. We danced with the pipers and marched with the bands and had a lot of fun.

It was a really well done broadcast with mention of the flooding issue with pictures interspersed. Last time I was at the parade for real was 1989 - the last year we were living in Calgary.

Hey playfelt, I am a former Calgarian as well and am so happy to see our city bounce back through sheer determination and hardwork. Have a great Stampede Calgary providers.

Euphoric !
    Lived in Calgary from 1985 - 1990 as hubby was posted there with the military. Lived on base the first few months then moved a house in Canyon Meadows area. Was in Calgary during the Olympics which was a wild crazy time for sure. Started doing daycare when living there then continued as we moved around.

Starting to feel at home...
    I only have a small group today so we braved the c-train and went to the parade. I've never been before and I have to say it was fantastic. The emergency services got the biggest cheers and waves. The children all behaved perfectly (even my own!). It was a perfect outing

Euphoric !
    Born and raised in the beautiful city, I am proud to say!
    Now I am living in the 'burbs, in the greater Calgary area.
    It has been a difficult past few weeks, with some unbelievable flooding, causing TOTAL devastation in many areas. Some very heartwarming stories of hope though, with people helping each other out in various ways.
    Thanks for the shout-out, Playfelt! Love those Stampede activities.