Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    apples and bananas
    I don't charge if I'm closed. Sick, vacay, stats. I know that's not the norm, but in my area this is what gives me the advantage over the other providers and I budget to make it work.

I put in my policies that I give as much notice as possible by text. And I also have them put on the registration form a place for them to agree to accept texts.

Euphoric !
    I've only used one sick day in 5 years but several years ago I wrote 3 paid personal days for myself in case I do get sick. The reason I get sick is because the children brought it to my house so that's how I justify this in my contract. However, I've worked sick a lot! We want to be very reliable for the parents in order to gain a good reputation. I take 3 unpaid vacation weeks every year, but otherwise, I'm paid.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Euphoric !
    I don't charge if I am sick and have to close but I am paid for every other day. to date I have not closed due to sickness in over 3 years. I have 5 paid personal days written into my contract but I don't use them for sickness because I have said that I will give notice for my personal days.

I take 3 weeks unpaid holidays a year. I get paid for stats and if the dck is away for any reason as they are paying for that spot. I did give parents 5 vacation days per year as a perk, but they would then want to trade them in for sick days and then take their vacations when I did. Yes, I didn't see that loophole. I didn't take the priviledge away from parents who received it, I just didn't offer it to the new parents. I haven't taken a sick day in 4 years. Yes, I've worked when not well, but not sick. Our daycare provider immune systems are amazing!