Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    When I was in my last days of mat leave I took a temporal kid that used to come in pjs. He was sent home in pjs, too. At least he was clean. It was only 2 weeks, though.

Starting to feel at home...
    I have the same issue, the parents drop off the child in the morning at 7:30 a.m. in her PJ's. All week, I've been making a point to dress her right away in front of them, still waiting for them to get the point. I have another child that comes she is dressed and ready to go.

It seems like common sense? Would you send your kid to regular school like that? Tell her to wise up

Euphoric !
    At three the child is old enough to dress herself and I would put her and her clothes in a pile and tell her she stays there till she is dressed before she is allowed to play. I would monitor though but not talk to her. If she is trying but struggling then help with the arms or whatever but she must make the initial attempt.

Shy
    Hi have a family who does the same. They come in pj's most days. However the parents asked if this was ok as they come at 7. I don't mind the 2 girls come say their good bye and then get dressed on their own before playing. They brush hair and teeth and clean up before they come.

I don't require my daycare kids to come dressed or have anything in my contract about how they need to look upon arrival but however they arrive is how they stay the rest of the day so if they came in pajama's, they'd stay in pajama's all day.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyP View Post
    I don't require my daycare kids to come dressed or have anything in my contract about how they need to look upon arrival but however they arrive is how they stay the rest of the day so if they came in pajama's, they'd stay in pajama's all day.
    I was thinking the same thing, there is nothing in my contract about how children should be dressed besides about outside clothing. But if I had a client who started bringing their child in PJ's we would definitely be having a talk.

Common sense is lacking in a lot of people but if you have a client who is lacking then put your foot down and insist on having things run the way you need them to run.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Euphoric !
    Many people have it in their contract that children must come ready to start the day or words to that effect and the assumption is that is dressed, hair combed, fed breakfast and having had enough sleep the night before.