Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Terminating a client

I have just decided to term my part time dcb. I have other threads about him on here as I have been on the fence about it. His incessant screaming for the last hour however has sealed the deal for me.

I wrote a letter to mom (she knows this may come as he's on probation due to these issues). Do I call her during naps to tell her so she's not surprised at pick up? Do I tell her at pick up in person or call her tonight and send her the letter via email? I have no problem doing this, just want advice on best course of action. Thanks!

Starting to feel at home... zoomama's Avatar
    I don't know if this is "best", but what I did was text dcm to ask if she could stay for a short meeting after last dck was picked up. This gave her a heads up that it was coming, but was still in person, which I personally prefer.
    “Children are not a zoo of entertainingly exotic creatures, but an array of mirrors in which the human predicament leaps out at us. ”
    ― John Updike

I would wait until pick up to let her know in person. I would also let her know her termination notice is in her bag and explains more, etc.

Termination is never an easy thing to do, but you've chosen wisely. I've seen your other threads on dcb.

Starting to feel at home...
    I agree with other mummy! Best to do it at pick up.

Euphoric !
    So I did it! His mom was cool about it as I knew she would be. I told her at pick up and I will email her tonight the letter I wrote (my printer chose to not print during naps).

I gave her the option of finishing off the 2 wks or having today be his last day and I will return her deposit. I like offering this as it makes things clean and they also feel they have some power in the situation. She is a professor so she is off now anyways.

I wonder if their last care giver bailed on him as well because she had told me they had a nanny but she went on to "pursue other things." I am wondering now.

Starting to feel at home...
    I would tell her in person, and let her know that he is not a fit. For sanity reasons, today is his last day and return her deposit.