Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control

Threaded View

Starting to feel at home...

Still not walking?!

What is the longest you've ever had a daycare kids take to start walking? I have one who is almost 18 months old and still refuses to bear weight on her legs most of time. she can't even pull herself up to standing, and if I put her into a standing position leaning on something she just locks her legs and doesn't move then start screaming when she wants to get down again. she also doesn't do stairs yet either even though I've been practicing with her for the 3 months. She just stays frozen on the stairs and screams, I left her on the bottom step to finish the stairs for up to 5 -10minutes and she just screamed the whole time. she bum scoots everywhere and has been getting increasingly screaming since she's frustrated that she can't keep up to the other kids, and since a new 12 month old little girl has started last month who already cruises around and takes a few steps. This just seems to be taking forever and the screaming out of frustration is driving me batty.
    Last edited by eoinsmom; 06-19-2013 at 09:10 PM.