Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Parent's Night Out

I'm considering offering a Paren't Night Out not necessarily for my current clients. My hours would be 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., every second Friday, Our daily daycare rate is $35.00 a day.

I wanted some feedback as to what I should charge, and what do you charge for a sibling. When, I go out I pay my caregiver $8.00 per hour.

I would provide the children with Pizza, movie, fun activity etc.

Your feedback is appreciated. Thank you
    Last edited by pink; 06-20-2013 at 07:03 AM.

apples and bananas
    I've thought of doing this as well. It's a great extra money maker if you can fill the evening. The fear I'd have is if I offered it, got one kid and felt that it wasn't worth my time.

I would offer it 5 - 9 as I think 10 may be a little late. Just long enough for a dinner date.

For 4 hours I would pay a teenage babysitter $20.00. You have to consider this as this is your competition on a Friday night. It's easier for me to have a teenager come into my home,, eat my food, put my kids to bed in their own bed at their own bedtime and I don't have to do anything when I come home.

I don't think you'll be able to get much more then $30 a night. And I would only consider it if I had 3 or more kids booked in on a consistent basis.

This is something I offer when we get closer to Christmas. I offer a Sunday or Sat afternoon so parents can do their shopping and I offer to take kids over night or into the evening so parents can do Christmas parties. At Christmas I can charge more as it's a premium service.

Outgoing
    I think this is a great idea! I have been trying to come up with ways to supplement my income as well and have thought about doing this. I would charge $10 an hour as that seems to be the going rate where I live.

What should I charge for sibling an additional $5.00, my plan is to charge $8.00 an hour, my hours would be 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., every second Friday, I need at least two bookings to consider. I will not do it for one . This idea came to me last night, I would like to earn additional money, I live on the outskirt of Ottawa. I finish daycare at 5:30 p.m., this will give me a bit of a break.

There is a center or play place in Toronto that does this, , my friend uses it all the time...it's called "drop and dine" or something along those lines! Great idea! She pays $35 for 6pm to 9pm

Great idea for extra income. Tax question. Would you have to claim this income as you are wearing the "babysitter" hat as opposed to dcprovider hat? Just wondering

Euphoric !
    I was thinking the same thing mimi. Or you might be able to charge a little more and parents may be even more interested if they can claim the childcare as well.

Euphoric !
    In theory it should be claimed because you are offering a service and being paid for it. Remember if you are claiming it you will also be able to claim the costs of running it such as the cost of ordering in pizza or renting a movie or craft supplies as well as include the hours used in your annual calculations of household expenses.

Euphoric !
    Whether you call yourself a babysitter or daycare provider or anything, you still have to claim earnings legally. I don't know if parents can actually claim these daycare expenses thought because it is for them to go out, not to work?

Euphoric !
    the receipt would just say "childcare fees" or whatever so I don't see why not