Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Thumbs up Question " Am I being Fair"??

So daycare girl goes on VACAY yesterday.. I charged family half price days when going on vacation for up to two weeks.. She will be back July 5-8.. I told mom that they needed to pay before hand ( it's also in my contract) I said its to hold her spot.. She said yep okie we will be by before we lrave.. I knew I wasn't going to see them before they left.. In the past she has been late paying , but since she started her new job and boyfriend picks up on Fridays I have been getting paid..

So texted last night are you still coming by, omg so sorry I will e transfer right away I've received nothing.. So now I'm ki da getting pissed.. I'm going to send them a txt
    And say payment needs to be received by 5:30 pm tonight, if not i will have to charge a $5/day late charge until I have received payment.

It's not in my contract.. Shoukd I add an admenment to my contract and get all of the parents to sighned it?

I'm tired of late payments

Will she be back? If Mom just started a new job, how is she able to take a vacation? Hmmmm, with the lying about paying you TWICE I would be angry. I think I would start advertising this spot immediately as you do have grounds of non-payment. In future, yes, I would stipulate in your contract that late payments are required. I have a time rate after closing and a daily rate as well. Good luck.

apples and bananas
    Well, now I'd call concerned that the transfer hasn't come through. Don't text... get her o the phone. Keep in mind that an e transfer can take a few hours to get to your email from the time she submits it.

Yes, I would amend the agreement to add in the late fee. But go ahead and threaten with it now.

advertise and hope to fil the space.

I always think it sucks when we screen families and they seem great, then after we have the child settled this crap starts. Drives me nuts!

I will put my ads on to. They could just not come back. I will add to the contract a late fee, but $5/day I think is too low. I charge $30/day late fee. I would also include in the contract that vacation days payment must be done 2 weeks in advance (if you get paid bi-weekly) or a month in advance (if you get paid monthly). That way if they don't show up with the whole amount in advance (regular fee plus vacation days) just do not let the kid in. The money will appear that way.