Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Within my limits?

Just wondering if someone could advise me as to if this is within my limits of number of children.

I currently have 4 daycare children, a 5th one starting in August.
    An existing client has asked if I would have space for her sister's daughter, just for the summer. SHE IS 10 YEARS OLD.
    Now, I believe that because she is 10 then she would not count towards my limits, is this correct? has anyone cared for more than 5 but because they were older if was legal?
    TIA!

Euphoric !
    Because she has reached her 10th birthday she does not count in your numbers. As has been advised before, check with your insurance company to make sure she would also be covered.

Starting to feel at home...
    I had the same type of situation as you a few weeks ago KingstonMom...the child that was 10 did not count in my numbers but if something were to happen and I had to go through my insurance it wouldn't have been covered as my insurance only covers 5 dck plus my own. Needless to say I had to turn it down. I agree with playfelt, check with your insurance first

apples and bananas
    I believe it's in your legal limits... what you really have to ask yourself is... "Is it in my SANITY limits? " LOL

I have a before after hitting 10 in the fall. I've replaced her space and will be doing 5 plus her. I figure now she's like an apprentice. Very helpful. If you can get the right 10 year old it's easy money. And always nice to have someone to play a board game with or a hand of cards with during quiet time.