Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

How much to charge...

I have a dck's contract coming up for renewal, and I'm not sure what to do. This dck's family requires the day to be extended outside of my hours by 15 minutes. The parents also want breakfast included. For this past year I have been doing this for no extra charge. This was my first dck to sign on, so I was willing to go a little out of my way to get them. Now that I've got things going and am full, I definitely want to be compensated for these extras (actually I don't even really want to do them at all anymore). Their child is a sweet little angel though, but this family is always first to drop off and last to pick up. My day would be so much shorter if I didn't have them. How much extra would you charge for the additional 15 minutes and added meal? I was thinking $3/day extra? What do you guys think?

Euphoric !
    That sounds reasonable and let them know that it is for the cost of the extra meal in fairness to others in care and the fact it is disruptive to the day as the others are already involved in activities. That doesn't address the extra hours of care but in a sense you agreed to that so the fact your hours have changed it is up to you what you do about the 15 minutes if you think they really need it or just want it. But the extra meal is not part of the contract for anyone so asking for payment for that is fair. Just be prepared for them to suddenly be able to feed child before coming so which means you end up with no more money than now but no breakfast expenses which compensates for extra 15 minutes. As long as they are staying within the 15 minutes I would probably let it go since I had agreed to it but make it clear to them that there is a late fee that you will have no choice but to implement because you are already giving them the 15 minute free grace period compared to others.