Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Strollers

Shy
    I have the six seater bye bye boogie and loves it. I load all five of my little ones up and off we go for very long walks. Good in the winter as it has big wheels.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to momofthree For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I liked the looks of the choo choo wagon too, but I need something that is good for the winter as well. And I don't want to have to buy two different things. I would rather have something I could just use year round and that would work on my streets in the winter (which don't get plowed very well). Does anyone have the runabout? If so, how do you like it?

Outgoing
    I don't have a Runabout but have heard nothing bad about them. If I had the funds I would probably look at getting one of these.

Euphoric !
    I have the large wagon from here (22x48 or whatever) I can get up to 6 toddlers in it sitting 3 on each side. I made my own seatbelts using the walking harnesses where the harness goes on the child and the rein part winds around the bars and holds them in place. Even works for little ones because the harness holds them securely. www.toywagons.com

Expansive...
    I have the Choo Choo wagon. it is awesome from spring to fall or anytime the sidewalk is clear. The kids love to ride in it -- NEVER any complaints from the kids about being in the wagon and there is no fighting or kicking or pushing since the kids are all in a separate compartment.
    In good weather I can have 5 wagons attached and a mixture of ages in there and still pull it fairly easily. Steering is great and it goes around corners great.

Cons-- I had a heck of a time pulling it last winter when the sidewalks were not plowed. The wagon sits low so I was literally pulling it through the big piles of snow and sweating buckets under my coat. I could have cried on occassion.

It attracts a LOT of attention everywhere you go -- comments about how cute it is or what a cool wagon I have. I guess anything larger than a triple stroller would attract attention.

This winter I am also considering whether to invest in a round about or other wagon.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Spixie33 For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by mlc1982 View Post
    Wow, I just looked at the choo choo wagon and love it. I think it would be perfect for me and thought it was more expensive. The kids would love it!! I could sell off the two-seater wagon I have and possibly a stroller. Does it just have to be ordered online or where could I find it ..anybody know?
    I'm not sure where you live, but there is a Step 2 store not far from us and they carry it.

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by zen39 View Post
    I liked the looks of the choo choo wagon too, but I need something that is good for the winter as well. And I don't want to have to buy two different things. I would rather have something I could just use year round and that would work on my streets in the winter (which don't get plowed very well). Does anyone have the runabout? If so, how do you like it?
    A friend of mine has the 6-seater runabout and absolutely loves it! It is VERY expensive though...she paid just over $2400. for it with canopies, weather cover, etc. I'm not willing to make that much of an investment right now.

Starting to feel at home...
    I have a quint runabout and I love it!! I paid $1500 thereabouts for it, including shipping, rain cover, sunshade, ect. It pushes easily through the snow and is really a 'weightless' design. It pushes easier than my Graco Duoglider. I love it!

It is expensive, but will last forever. It came with a lifetime frame warranty, and the stroller itself has been manufactured for almost 25 years now. They get rave reviews everywhere, but especially in Canada. Roger (the gentleman who designed them) said that the majority are sold in Canada because of it's exceptional ability to handle the snow.
    ~ Mama to 4, Dayhome provider ~

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    I have the large wagon from here (22x48 or whatever) I can get up to 6 toddlers in it sitting 3 on each side. I made my own seatbelts using the walking harnesses where the harness goes on the child and the rein part winds around the bars and holds them in place. Even works for little ones because the harness holds them securely. www.toywagons.com
    Is yours the 450m Army Wagon? This one has no dimensions, so I was curious? These wagons look AMAZING!!!

Euphoric !
    Mine is that size but the old fashion style like the ones with the wooden base and the red racks. I have an early version of a canopy that makes it look like a covered wagon which also be really cute to create a name logo for your daycare and attach it to the cover. I have had mine since 1996 and it has been well used. Gone through a couple sets of tires from wearing out the tread. I first got it because my own child has special needs. I was able to put her in the wagon and it was great for going to our son's soccer games and stuff where normal stroller wheels aren't too great. Then with the daycare I could put her at the end and the other kids on the two sides as I did do school runs back then.