Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Strollers

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    Mine is that size but the old fashion style like the ones with the wooden base and the red racks. I have an early version of a canopy that makes it look like a covered wagon which also be really cute to create a name logo for your daycare and attach it to the cover. I have had mine since 1996 and it has been well used. Gone through a couple sets of tires from wearing out the tread. I first got it because my own child has special needs. I was able to put her in the wagon and it was great for going to our son's soccer games and stuff where normal stroller wheels aren't too great. Then with the daycare I could put her at the end and the other kids on the two sides as I did do school runs back then.
    Would you be able to post a picture (without any kids in it) to show how you wound the harness?
    I am trying to decide between getting a roundabout or whether this wagon could work for me.
    Also...how did you find the canopy in winter? Does it hold up well against snow and wind and block it out or is the canopy meant more for sun protection?
    Also...how does it handle in snow or unplowed sidewalks??

Euphoric !
    Don't have any pictures of the wagon with the harnesses on it which is a shame considering how many years I used it that way. The canopy I wasn't that happy with but then it has been improved over the years too. I used it for rain and sun not snow. As far as through the snow it wasn't bad because the wheels are wide enough it sort of pulls more than rolls in some places. But what is nice is that it is so high off the ground compared to other wagons so it goes through deeper stuff. And the handle is designed for an adult to pull so longer too which I liked. I cut a piece of foam to fit the bottom of the wagon and covered it in vinyl - just wrap and use duct tape. I also used a set of bumber pads on the racks to pad them. For the harnesses - disconnect the rein part from the actual harness the child wears. Wind the leash around and around the middle bar of the rack until it is tight and each end with the clip fits just inside the racks. Put the harness piece on the child and make it snug. When you put them in just clip them to each end of the harness. If the rein is tight and the harness is tight on the child they can't stand up and for toddlers it helps to hold them upright so supports them. It goes fast because you put the harness part on inside the house as part of getting dressed then carry them out and seat them and hook up. The advantage of the wagon is cost and that you can put an older child in the wagon that might have outgrown the stroller. We have even had our special needs child in the wagon as a 10 year old. The weight allows for about 300lbs or something like that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Thanks Playfelt. That is really informative and I understand how you hooked it up now. That seems like a snazzy idea. I am going to do some more research on the Runabout too and then hopefully make a decision. The wagon is definitely a contender

Outgoing
    I have a six seat Runabout stroller. I love it. If you deal directly with the company, Roger usually gives Canadians a good deal. Google runabout strollers and you will find the site. It has huge wheels and goes through snow like a dream. I have heard that the bye bye buggie is hard to steer.