Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Just when I think I can relax (a little)....

Hello Ladies, hope everyone is enjoying their summer.
    This morning dcm tells me that she will be enrolling her son in a school daycare where his sister attends school. They have been wonderful clients and dcb is a great little guy who is 16 mths. I have had him since he was 8 mths and did expect this to happen Sept 2014, but the school is extending their care to the 18 mth and older group. He was my only full time child.
    I also feel blindsided (my own problem as she was kind enough to give me the 2 months notice) as I thought I had at least the next 6 to 9 months enrollment figured out - along with my personal finances and would not have to worry about finding new clients. I am shocked at how vulnerable it makes me feel as this is another reminder how quickly our business and income can change.
    My hubby was laid off a few months ago and his EI will not continue much longer and it makes me nervous to be the sole breadwinner while he looks for work.
    Competition is fierce in my area, so even though I am proud of my daycare and have happy clients, it is still difficult to get new ones.
    Geez, I hate feeling this way.............than ks for attending my pity party

Expansive...
    Agh Mimi..that's no fun! My area is also 'polluted' with daycares ha ha and two of my families are going on Mat leave soon, but I know it is stressful when you really count on the income. Not sure where you are but if you are near me I might be able to send you a few part time referrals that could help you keep a float till things pick up. PM me anytime if you want. Best of luck filling your spots!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wonderwiper For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Sending a big cyber hug your way, and "fill 'er up" vibes too. You're absolutely right - the toughest part of this job is the instability, and it's doubly stressful when you're the sole/primary bread winner. I know it doesn't feel good, but I'm so glad that your dcm gave you the notice she did. Hopefully families who are looking for care in September are out their interviewing now. You can throw your hat in the ring, post your ads and (fingers crossed) meet a family who are a good fit with you and your program.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Monday 2 Friday Mama For This Useful Post:

Shy
    I just wanted to send along a big hug and tell you that things will work out. Try not to get too worked up about this. I am the only provider in my home. I have two grown children attending university, and still living at home. I am divorced. So they depend on me. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed and wonder what would happen if I never get replacements. But then a wonderful family will come along. Keep your chin up be confident and assure yourself everyday that it will happen. I had a family tell me that they were moving, so would need to find another daycare closer to the new school. The weekend she found someone else was the weekend another family found me, on the last day my ad was to appear on kijiji ! They are just as wonderful as the family that left. So hang in there it does happen.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kidzandme For This Useful Post:

Thanks ladies. I appreciate your supportive and caring comments. Of course we all worry about our attendance depleting and not being able to find new clients. I guess this is the price we pay for being our own boss with our own business. Thanks Wonderwiper for the offer, I will PM you shortly.
    You are right Monday 2 Friday Mama, I am fortunate dcm gave me so much notice. She is a sweetheart who was in tears when she told me.
    kidzandme, wow, you have a full plate of responsibility. Thanks for your insight

I knew I could post here about how I felt and would receive support and encouragement. I feel so much better and empowered to fill the spot. Thanks again!

I am not near you I don't think Em out west I was just going through this really badly here in the last bit, and am just recovering, even though I am not full..... Its tough I know, but the right family (s) will be there, and you will be all the more grateful when they find you! PM me if you want some ideas or Just to jibber jabber
    Last edited by dodge__driver11; 07-02-2013 at 06:14 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dodge__driver11 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Mimi, you are obviously a wonderful caregiver. Keep the faith and keep trying, they will come to you.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post: