Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Question Offering Sibling Rates.

Hi just wondering what you guys charge for siblings. I had an enquiry about my 2 open spaces for twin 4 year old boys. Do you guys offer sibling discounts for families.

WHY AND WHY NOT??

Euphoric !
    I did at first. Then I realized that I am not feeding one of the siblings any less, or giving them any less time/attention, or doing less in terms of crafts/activities. Some may say that siblings are a benefit, because it's TWO or more filled spots. But it's also a risk, because if it doesn't work out, that is TWO or more spots to fill.
    I no longer offer sibling discounts, but I have 2 (soon to be 3) sets of siblings in care.
    What is the norm in your area? If you are looking for ways to draw in families, this could be a good way to do so, too.

Euphoric !
    Normally I don't but if this is just for the summer and you are not sure you will be able to fill the spaces with anyone else if it means losing them then it might be worth the hit in the pocket book to at least get some pay for the spaces. No more than $5 a day though reduction as both will be eating and using supplies.

Make sure you know if they are on a wait list for a daycare centre or preschool program etc. so you can determine how long they will be in care. Make sure you get a full deposit for end of care just in case.

I do not, but if they really pish I offer, 5 dollars off per day like playfelt, and I agree wholeheartedly with mom in ab

Outgoing
    No sibling discount. I budget for full spots, and if I were to offer a discount for any reason, it would be for reduced service. No one wants to pick which of their children should get the reduced services spot...

Euphoric !
    I don't offer a discount. A space is a space and to tell you the truth, I find siblings more of a liability than a benefit. I gues if I were having a very hard time filling spaces though, I might consider it.

I offer siblings a $5 discount per day but only if both are full time

No sibling rates here either. As most of you have already posted, it costs the same to feed, supply crafts, etc for each child. I had an interview in the spring for a set of triplets. mom and dad were trying to negotiate a "better rate" since they are bringing me 3 kids. Yeah. no. Sorry. I point blank asked them if they are insisting that they get a discount, then which one of the the 3 is not going to be doing crafts that day, or missing a meal. It costs me the same and I can fill my spots either way. So No discounts over here.

I give $5 off per day, so instead of $50 per day they would pay $45 for 2 kids.

Edit to add...I don't advertise the discount and have only offered it to parents I really liked
    Last edited by SongSparrow; 07-04-2013 at 07:53 AM. Reason: to add...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SongSparrow For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I've only had one family with siblings and it left a bad taste in my mouth. I gave them a discount and they turned out to be the least appreciative and most disrespectful family I've ever had in my daycare so that was a big factor in my decision. But I will never allow a discount again.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.