My new dcg (12 mos) started this week. Super cute kid and adjusting well. The one issue I have however is she cries at the drop of a hat! My daughter pushed her over the one day and now is following her around and giving her a shove when she wants to. I have been consequencing my daughter by placing her in a highchair for a time out and giving attention to dcg. I think part of the problem though is that this kid gives such an awesome reaction my daughter is looking for it. It has gotten to the point where she starts crying when my daughter just goes close to her. This is the first time my daughter has shown any jealously of another kid (except when another child crawls in my lap at story time and she will start to cry). I worked 2:1 with these two today to help dcg build trust and my daughter learn to play nicely. Anything else I can try? My daughter get's lot's of 1:1 time outside of daycare already and she has an older sibling so she is used to sharing me and everything else.

I get the sense that dcg is picked up as soon as she cries at home and is used to getting a quick reaction from mom and dad every time. Would you talk to the parents about what they are doing at home as well as dealing with the issues with my daughter and dcg?