Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Leaving strollers, wagons behind on your property

Wondering what others policy is on leaving behind bulky items such as strollers and wagons, etc. I've had this issue pop up a couple of times in the past with this one family. They are shaky ground as it is and have had several warnings about their son. However, that is another thread altogether.

Friday morning dcd arrived with dcb on his wagon. It's a pretty big plastic wagon. Seats 3 kids easily. So he parked it in our walkway along with the other strollers that dcp's leave behind for the day until pick up.

Friday afternoon he picks up his son (who is tantruming and being his usual difficult self). And they leave, I notice their wagon propped up against my house on my walkway. So I texted dcm and dcd and told them that in future, I would appreciate all bulky items such as strollers and wagons be taken back home with them. I cannot be responsible should it go missing and most of all, I don't have the room to store other peoples bulky belongings This is a residential property.

Dcm texts me back "oh, sorry, it's just that dcd and dcb had to take the bus to go somewhere afterwards, we'll come get it tomorrow". So I'm even madder now that these folks left it on purpose assuming I would store it all weekend and Monday as well (as I'm off on Monday for a vacation day). Very rude.

I think I'm going to have to adjust my policy book to include NO storing items on my property".

I guess they thought about it and realized their lack of judgement and picked it up last night.

I think it was your statement that you are not responsible for these items left behind that made them second guess leaving the wagon with you. Good for you for letting them know and now another item I will be adding to my policies as well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I would have done exactly what you did and ask them to pick up all their items daily. I have one family who leave their stroller here daily and it doesn't bother me but they wouldn't even consider leaving it here overnight to be in my way. That's simple consideration.

Other Mummy, your frustration and "End of the Rope" feelings are kind of evident in your post, best of luck in straightening out these people before you have to kick them to the curb.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Expansive...
    Forget your meds today darlin'? Why don't you go take a nice nap, and find something productive to do with your time.

LOL, seriously darasmommy is having a bad day again. Obviously she is done whipping her dog so now she comes on this forum to spread her nastiness here. I will not even respond to her ridiculousness and hopefully neither will anyone else. I love different view points but really, nasty, vindictive responses like hers she should take back to whatever rock she crawled out from.

Euphoric !
    What reaction would the parent have if the wagon was left on my porch overnight and it got stolen. Who has to replace it me..... I am not paid to babysit wagons after hours.

Having said that I allow them to be left for the day and they put them in the garage - I open the door and they put them in and get them out at the end of the day. If they do get left not a big deal really. If it was happening habitually I would insist a stroller that folds small be used because space in my garage is at a premium. If it was truly in my way I would not allow it. Most wagons fit in car trunks to be tied down good enough for the few block ride home.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Dear Darasmom,

I seriously wish my job was as simple as you believe it to me. I don't get time to sit on my ass during the day at all. Yes in the early am when I have my early child dropped off yes I do get to sit and have coffee but nothing that wouldn't happen at the office while checking my morning voice mail or emails.

I also have an education and think that someone very close minded like you need to get out more and live your life. How much time do you have on your hands? Why do you feel the need to sit on your ass and troll this sight to stir crap?

Get out in the real world and enjoy it if I had the time and energy that you do, I wouldn't waste it on a message forum that clearly isn't for you.

Our time off shouldn't consist of having to make sure our clients Wagon is secure? Or stored? So you give me a break!

Why do you feel the need to bash someone that you know nothing about or have never walked a day in there shoes?

Very confused?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skysue For This Useful Post:

darasmommy...really? Go find a hobby.

Expansive...
    Baaa haa haa darasmommy....thanks for the laugh!!!!! Highlight of my day and I'm sooooo happy to see you back and look forward to all the helpful intelligent comments you will surely bless us with! Hope you are enjoying a wonderful day in your beautiful special world.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Wonderwiper For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Judy - you're the best. =) I hope when I grow up I am half as sharp as you. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Trickett View Post

Wow, I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry so I chose both smilies. I am gonna refrain from saying anything more because we have all been taught not to make fun of the mentally ill. And, having read your assinine posts I can only deduce that you are either one rageful, angry person or you are clinically manically insane.

Oh, but forgive me, I am assumed to only have a high school education so I couldn't possibly understand what the signs and symptoms of a mental disorder might be. Shame on me for questioning you, after all I need you.

I'll just take my double-major, University-educated, Montessori-trained, ass and step aside and grovel in your midst as you pass me while I hope, beyond hope, that someone realizes my desperation and throws cash at me while giving me the privilege of caring for their child.