Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Outgoing
    people where have all you been. Last year (into this year) I had a mom claim single, because they needed stuff done to their house. Her and her dh make as much as my dh and I. She used someone elses addy (family) and all she had to do is say that she is seperate. Voila, she got money and lots of it. And not only that, her kids activites are either paid for or she gets a discount.
    also, i know my bff's mother (we've been bff's for 30 yrs) sat on welfare forever till she qualified for canada pension or something like this. And the reason she didn't work was....she wanted to stay home and take care of her children even as adults.
    I can go on and on.

if people need it, then i have no problem but 80% are just screwing the goverment. Like really, when you have one child and on welfare and finding it difficult then why would you continue to have 4 more kids (yup know a mom too)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to momofnerds For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by momofnerds View Post
    people where have all you been. Last year (into this year) I had a mom claim single, because they needed stuff done to their house. Her and her dh make as much as my dh and I. She used someone elses addy (family) and all she had to do is say that she is seperate. Voila, she got money and lots of it. And not only that, her kids activites are either paid for or she gets a discount.
    also, i know my bff's mother (we've been bff's for 30 yrs) sat on welfare forever till she qualified for canada pension or something like this. And the reason she didn't work was....she wanted to stay home and take care of her children even as adults.
    I can go on and on.

if people need it, then i have no problem but 80% are just screwing the goverment. Like really, when you have one child and on welfare and finding it difficult then why would you continue to have 4 more kids (yup know a mom too)
    80%? Do you have a link that supports that figure?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandbox Sally For This Useful Post:

There are liars and criminals that aren't on welfare too. I don't get your guys' point in saying that some people on public assistance are screwing the system. Some people who ARENT on public assistance are crooks too. It just doesn't make sense.

I am guessing that many people find a way to steal. Does that make every social program enrollee a thief? All cats have paws. All dogs have paws. Therefore, all dogs must be cats.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandbox Sally For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Would love to see the statistics quoted here with the 80%. Is that 80% of people you have actually met or heard about through gossip? Gotta love it when people throw out statistics based on their own limited experiences with something.

I can go on and on.

Euphoric !
    I swore I wasn't going to post again on this thread, but I just can't help it. I do think it's a discussion that needs to be had and I feel we have all remained respectful and polite with our opinions. I think if we don't discuss things with each other, we miss out on potentially seeing another side to a story.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Wow! Many of you really do have a slanted view on welfare and childcare substity.
    Let me enlighten you a little bit.

I was a teen mom with 2 kids by the time I was 19 years old. Of course it was not my first choice to have children that young, but it happened. I got pregnant when I was 16 years old and had my daughter at 17. Before I got pregnant, I had a part-time job at McD's and got EI (maternity benefits) from it. I did go on welfare after my EI was done. I should also point out that I went back to school to finish my high school diploma and I graduated on time exactly when I was suppose to. Obviously I got substidized daycare. I was not sitting on my ass collecting a welfare cheque, I was in school, taking care of my baby and also volunteering... and collecting a welfare cheque of $862.00!!! I dont know who gets a thousand + dollar welfare cheque!

My point is that I finished my high school and continued on to college, but I would not have been able to do that without my substidized chilcare spaces. Would our society be better off if I just sat on my ass collecting a welfare cheque, and not continuing my education to become a productive citizen?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Amanda For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    the welfare system is flawed. How come people on welfare get money back at income tax time and I have to pay???

Euphoric !
    Of course there are people abusing all systems in all walks of life, including welfare and social assistance. I'm so tired of phony, lying, abusive, horrible, backstabbing people, rich and poor.

Part of the reason I wanted to find a job where I worked out of my own home was so that I can cut those types of people out of my life and I'm doing a darn good job of that. I only work with the nicest people. I like this forum because it's filled with intelligent, supportive women. We're all working hard.

We got rid of the abusive poster and since then this thread has certainly gone off course from the original subject of the death at the daycare. I love it when people debate constructively without attacking each other and you ladies are doing a pretty good job of that.

None of us are experts on stats for the government so lets agree to disagree for now and put this to bed!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    the welfare system is flawed. How come people on welfare get money back at income tax time and I have to pay???
    If you made as little as someone on welfare gets, you would not pay either. They get back a very small amount because they don't make any money! The more you make, the more you pay...that's how it works.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast