Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home...
    I have the same type of thing happening here. one boy comes in at 7am. By the time he gets to my place he's at his second 8 onces bottle. Then his mom expect him to drink an other 2 bottles during the day...
    of course he doesn't eat for me since his belly is full of milk.... so i started giving him one sippy at lunch and one at the pm snack. I just send him back with the rest of his milk... ( usually its his second bottle.)

His mom was wondering why her 20 months baby was chubby..... thats the reason!

Euphoric !
    Why are these kids still in a bottle .... I just don't get it .... I hated washing bottles couldn't wait to be rid of them .....if a kid can drink from a cup then why a bottle?

Euphoric !
    Once the recommendation came to limit milk I have always given milk in addition to a meal (after they have eaten). With my own kids I just give them one cup before nap (after they've eaten a healthy lunch) and after bath, before bed. My girls love milk and would drink a bag a day if I let them.

My cousin was giving their boy a big bottle upon waking up (18 mos at the time) before breakfast and they wondered why he never eats and is small for his age. They had gotten into the pattern when he was on formula and couldn't understand the concept of having milk after a meal or in between a meal. Like Playfelt said, sometimes they just get into a pattern or doing things "just cause" without much thought.

Expansive...
    Well yesterday I decided to give DCB's bottle in the afternoon to see what would happen, and guess what, no poop in the morning. I really really think there is a strong milk-poop connection...it's like one of the posters said where do your loyalties lie...that's exactly how I feel. I've been hinting at mom that there is a connection but they always chalk it up to teething ( man the teething card gets old fast!). I'm going to try talking to mom again.

Expansive...
    I should add that I never give DCB his bottle before a meal tho. It's always after he's filled up on good, nutritious food. Unfortunately tho, he knows that his bottle comes after food so if he doesn't like what is being served, he waits for the bottle. Just another reason I want mom and dad to strongly consider cutting back.

Outgoing
    I don't do bottles. By the time kids start coming to me (11/12 months) they should be able to use a sippy cup. I do milk at lunch and that's it. I have a fellow daycare provider friend who had a dcg like this. So much milk all the time the girl developed a liver issue. At this age, kids should be getting a lot of calcium and nutrients from food. Now if a child asked me for a second cup of milk or whatever, I would oblige but I don't allow it to become a crutch for the child

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Fun&care View Post
    I should add that I never give DCB his bottle before a meal tho. It's always after he's filled up on good, nutritious food. Unfortunately tho, he knows that his bottle comes after food so if he doesn't like what is being served, he waits for the bottle. Just another reason I want mom and dad to strongly consider cutting back.
    I wouldn't give it to him unless he ate his meal..... Does this child drink from a cup?