Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I give a fee slip at beginning of the month and ask for post dated cheques dated for their pay days that month and both cheques need to be given by the first tues of the month for the upcoming month.

Shy
    HI I don't know if this will help, but inform tham that as of january you will be needing payment at the begining of the week and if payment is not given by monday at pick up you will be unable to care for the children till payment is recieved. this is how I do it and find it's just easier. If you have to issue a letter to all you parents

Expansive...
    I don't have a problem with this family paying but they just never do it on time. The e-mail transfer comes through as an after thought to the weekend and it bugs me as I feel like an after thought!

Would anyone dare pay there hairdresser a day late? I don't think so!

Feeling respected in this job at times is difficult!

I have become best friends with my daughters old provider and what a blessing that has been. Never in a milion years did I see that comming! I have appologized to her for soooo many thing since! LOL

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skysue View Post
    How do you ladies deal with this. Do you charge late fees every time regardless of the situation. I have been very relaxed with a family and it is now becomming every weekend that they forget.
    I used to send my kids to daycare, and I am really bad at paying on time, not because I didn't respect her, but because I was forgetting, always running for this and that, etc...

But she was a good friend to me before having my kids in daycare, so she kind of knew me.

She helped me by reminding me the day before, at morning, by saying Sarah it's thursday, don't forget your transfer, and on friday she would say "last day of the week, did you transfer my money.

After a few months, I was transfering without her even saying anything.

Maybe explain to her how it affects you. Maybe those parents just don't realize it, just because it is not the same environment as a work environment. But by having a good discussion about the affects it has on you, they will feel more for you, and you can offer to remind them the day before!

Sarah.

When I had my kids in daycare, I found that I always forgot as well (also that b/c my paycheck went into my account on Fri and my kids didnt go to daycare friday it was a pain) after the first couple weeks I just decided to give her some post dated checks.

The one family that pays me by check is like this as well, always forgetting, (or mom was supposed to pick up so she had the cheque) always saying mom will stop by with the check on the way home or on our way out tonight. Occasionally this happens but mostly its sometime during the weekend, usually sunday, that I get a text that they dropped it in the mail box. It wouldnt bug me so much except that its a check... I usually go to the bank Fri night or Sat morning when I do my groceries...

Shy
    All daycare is pre-paid here...no cheques...no daycare.

is it okay to ask for post dated checks? I offered them to my daycare provider when my kids were in daycare, it just made it easier for me and she didnt mind either.... but can I as a daycare provider now, ask this parent for post dated checks?

Euphoric !
    As long as you stipulate in your contract how and when you wish to be paid there is no reason why not. I have a family that gives me checks for a month at a time and it works well.

Euphoric !
    Second note on post dated cheques - do not give a receipt for payment till you have cashed each one. There is nothing to stop them from giving you cheques and then going to the bank and putting a stop payment on them.

I won't do post dates cheque, I'm cash or e transfer only. Cheques can be stopped, bounce...then I worry about my mortgage bouncing. No thanks!