Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expansive...

Baby-makin' tiiiiiiiiiime!!!

So, its set . . . we're going to have another. . . (giggles)

A few of my parents know that we were thinking of this (we had gone back and forth on it considering my husband rarely works in the winter) and my parents asked about my plan.

I am considering what I think is a great one but I anted to know if anyone else had done this or what you have done - if anything - for you parents to ensure they have care and - more importantly - to ensure that would resume care after your leave

My thought was to get someone else to take over my daycare and pay them a fraction of my salary. I would pay more if they used their house, less if a parent offered their home, and even less if I ended up having to use my home still.

I was thinking to pay them about $3 per hour, per kid, per day (cash, I'll pay the taxes as if it were my income)
    I would buy the kids snacks and milk still
    and give her my house cleaner as well and pay for it
    She would get my stroller, toys, curriculum, and everything she needs to do the job

My question is:
    what do you think of that?
    how much time did you guys take off?
    did you put another plan into action?
    what was your return rate for clients after your leave?

THANKS!

Euphoric !
    Why not just plan for the baby to be due in the winter while your hubby is off and you can look after baby and run the daycare together ? Or just hire a helper to come in the mornings till the kids are down for nap. Then all you have to do is get them up from nap change diapers and give a snack and they go home. It would be the least disruptive for the kids and you probably wouldn't lose anybody. Good luck on your new baby adventure

Expansive...
    I was thinking that . . . . but I kinda wanted the time off. . . . in the summer lol!. I was thinking to only take about 3 months off. but that is a great idea . . . I'd keep most of the daycare profit that way too

Euphoric !
    You could even call your local high school or college and see if there was any students looking for a coop placement .... Then it would be free!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Problem with a winter baby is that 9 months from now would already be March although a good idea.

While your plan makes sense why would someone go to all the trouble of opening up their home and setting it up for daycare just to turn the kids back over to you nor would she accept only part of the money because she now has all of the costs including use of home. If you do help the parents find someone expect them to stay at the new daycare if you take more than a month off. In three months they will have moved on to a new stage and developed a bond with the new caregiver.

If it is going to be three months could you just put aside some money to cover that time and start advertising at the 6 month point to restart care.

Euphoric !
    No advice, but it would be great if your husband were off to help you instead of paying a helper. And also, I giggled at your giggles. You're funny.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I guess I thought it would be great experience for someone right out of college. As I said before I would give them everything they need and cover the costs of food and the like, I'd even give them my house cleaner. So I guess I thought that was the trade off.

In my area, the going rate is about 65 per day. A fraction of my pay would still be around 600 a week (and I'll pay them cash) so I guess I thought that was good.

When I worked as a councilor 600 a week was my take home pay. and that wasn't too long ago.

Expansive...
    I don't really want a winter baby . . .. nothing to do in the winter . . . i'd die of bordom

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola kiddies View Post
    You could even call your local high school or college and see if there was any students looking for a coop placement .... Then it would be free!
    can unliscenced daycares take co-op kids?

Expansive...
    I don't want to steal your joy by any means but I would be extremely happy to be blessed with an anytime baby. TTC is not always easy and what was successful the 1st time may not be the case the 2nd time around.

Be happy to be able to know that you can conceive and that an anytime baby that's healthy is the best gift.

Good luck to you!