Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
    can unliscenced daycares take co-op kids?
    I took in a ECE student for her placement. Call up the High Schools and Colleges and tell them you're interested in having a student come to learn more about running a home daycare!

But the reason I had an ECE student is because I have my RECE and know the profs quite well....

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
    can unliscenced daycares take co-op kids?
    Ummmm not sure .... You'd have to research it.... Winter babies are not so bad cause when you first have them all they do is sleep and you don't have to worry about heat rash on an infant .... By the time the first summer rolls around they are more fun in the sense that a 7 or 8 month old is a great age to play in the kiddie pool with, take to the beach, push in the swing, pull in a wagon ect ....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    sky sue: not worries about not getting pregnant when I plan. more fertile than i'd like to be. I see your point and understand that not everyone is in the same boat. but if I am blessed nough to be able to plan .... why not

as for the winter baby being a not so bad idea.... I again, see you point but my thing is that if I only get a few months off then id like it to be summer

i'll reiterate my question: what did you do when I had a new baby? take time off? how long? have someone tae over? .....

I don't need advice on when and how...got that down.....just wanna know what you did in oder to keep business

Starting to feel at home...
    No much help because I plan on closing down completely for the full year mat leave (living off of money put aside and EI money I get from paying into the EI for self employed individuals). I feel blessed that in Canada we get that full year to really bond with our baby/as a new family and think that time is so important...it only comes around every time you bring a new life into this world so I plan to take full advantage and enjoy every minute. IF I reopen, I will just start from scratch as there is always demand here for care...my current families will also get lots of time to find new care. Good luck!!! That is soo exciting you are adding to your family Best of luck!!!

I also closed for 1 year after my son was born. If I have a second one I would hire a full time assistant and I would close for 3 weeks only (I have to take care of my son anyways) and she would run the daycare under my supervision with an additional incentive during those days.

Euphoric !
    Started daycare when my kids were 20 months and 4 months and then had a week off for each of the next two. We did nothing exciting for the first couple of months and I had baked and cooked and frozen so lots of quick meals.