Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Do you still advertise when you are full?

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if any of you still advertise when you are full? I am full right now, but can't help but wonder if it would be smart to still advertise and just place people on a wait list... that way if anyone leaves, I have some interested people already lined up. What do you guys think? Would you post an ad up on kijiji but state that you are full but do have a waitlist?

Euphoric !
    There are so many ads on kijiji and similar sites with people that have spaces your ad would be ignored anyways. On godaycare they have credits - 14 so every two weeks you get a notice to renew your ad to get more credits. I keep an ad on there just so I don't have to redo the thing but it won't show in any lists until I actually place an opening message. I keep my website with info about contacting me to discuss your care needs and do list openings I know about. Our childcare association has a database of members that parents can access but there is no way to indicate if we have an opening or not so do get calls and have to say sorry not at the moment.

I see no reason to waste time interviewing when I am full because there are so many options out there it wastes the time of parents as well. In areas with a large turnover or where spaces are at a premium and parents book well in advance then you will need to do whatever is customary for your area. Around here a wait list would serve no purpose because if you don't have a space when a family calls they just move on to the next name on their list and that list gets longer each day.

Expansive...
    I don't do it aggressively like when I have a spot. but I throw my ad up every now and then yeah . . . .

Euphoric !
    No, I take my ads down when my spaces are full. I need the break from interviews and phone and email conversations, etc. I tried keeping a waiting list last year and I did have a space come available so I contacted everyone on the list and they had all found care. Waste of time! Just my experience.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Starting to feel at home...
    I advertise and interview even if I am full. I use a waitlist. I advertise and interview because this field of work can be unstable sometimes and I want to be proactive rather than reactive.

You never know when someone is going to up and leave or when I want some one gone.