Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Outgoing
    We go out. I keep the little ones in the shade and do lots of water activities. we usually go out early in the morning and come in by 11

We aren't going outside either this week. It's too hot and I have 3 infants. We are doing indoor activities instead. Maybe tomorrow I'll take them out early in the morning for a bit and set up the water table.

Shy
    We went outside this morning and we played in the shade, but came back inside within half an hour. Too hot to stay outside any longer.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
    We go out. I keep the little ones in the shade and do lots of water activities. we usually go out early in the morning and come in by 11
    Monkeymama that's exactly what I do, we have a freezie on the porch before coming in to start lunch!

We went out today at 11:00 and stayed for 40 min. But we were all wet. And enjoying plenty of water and shade. My crew would go nuts without some outdoor time! We won't be going out this afternoon. If this heat keeps up, it might as well be a rainy day for all the outdoor activity we will be doing ( we go out in the light rain with raincoats, boats, etc.) but only stay 20 min. or so.

Starting to feel at home... FSD's Avatar
    I take them out everyday, (unless it's raining) in the morning from 10-11am. If I don't the kids go nutso being stuck in the house all day!!! By taking them out in the morning, my backyard is half in the shade so I keep the water table and little ride on toys in the shady part for the wee little ones to enjoy. In this intense heat I won't be able to take them out in the afternoon since the backyard is in full sun and it's completely unbearable!

Euphoric !
    We sort of are doing a compromise on schedule this week which actually works in my favour as I don't have to plan much. Parents are happy we aren't going out during the day and are taking their kids to the splash pads or in their back yard pool after supper which means a later night getting to bed. I have been asked to allow them to nap as long as they want which today was 3 hours for most of them. Makes for an easy day in the sense that when they are tired they don't want to play much so just sit around and look at books or make puzzles or do non active things.

My yard has sun in the morning and is 3/4 shade in the late afternoon which is why we normally head outside after naptime. Instead we are bouncing on exercise balls and I have the rocking toys in the house for the week. Also have my crier/whiner child on vacation this week so I am really enjoying my time.